Sharon Osbourne

I Won't Go Back to Ozzy

'Til He's Clean for Months

4/17/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0416-sharon-osbourne-ozzy-tmz
Sharon Osbourne is in the business of tough love ... because she's NOT going to reconcile with hubby Ozzy Osbourne until he proves to her he'll be sober for the long haul.

Sources connected to the couple tell us ... even though Ozzy says he's been sober for 44 days ... it's not enough for her. She's been living with this most recent bout of drug and alcohol abuse for a year-and-a-half, and Sharon is saying 44 days doesn't make that go away.

Ozzy has admitted ... his boozing and drug use caused their split but he's confident Sharon will NOT end their 31-year marriage by filing for divorce.

Our sources say ... Sharon's intention is not to end the marriage, but she believes she has to make it clear to Ozzy once and for all ... she can't handle his substance abuse.

Sources familiar with the situation say there will be NO divorce.  As one person put it, "They've been through hell and back together.  They're not breaking up."

0417_ozzy_sharon_before_footer

Maire

Sharon has got to stop messing with her face, or Ozzie won't recognize her if they do get back together. Of course he would recognize her know-it-all voice.

karlew

Ha!!! I knew it was something like this.

dianne

Let's see married 31 years, both drug abusers and alcoholics, yet, Ozzie is worse than Sharon, I'd say it's a dead heat on the stupid scale.

Mary

A lifetime of serious drug abuse does not usually equal longevity, so it would be sad to waist what is left.

greatneck

Whooo, more open time with her,'gal friends', ahem....This marriage has always been a open field...Now it is public, bye....

FlamingoNut

Ozzy would've been dead a long time ago had it not been for Sharon. That woman has been through so much, between his demons and her cancer. If Ozzy doesn't stay sober, we will be reading his obituary sooner than we should.

Jim

Good for you Sharon. Stand your ground which will actually HELP Ozzy. Hope all of you work this out.

Hotwheelz

sh!t doesn't fly when u get old but hey! he's Ozzy............

spectator72

The Osbourne Supremacy

YouDontSay

After 20 years of marriage and dealing with the Meth binges I left. It isnt worth it. They will not change.

Cat

This just goes to show - no matter how many years of sobriety a person has that alcohol and drugs are powerful. Reminds me of a line from the Godfather "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me right back in" Good Luck Ozzy I'm pulling for you!!!

Carl

The only reason he survived the and 80s is because of her. She is just doing what she has to do to keep him around for another decade.

IceGypsy

Knowing some of what they have been through over the years, I'm not surprised. Still it must be hard for her to stay away like that. It would be for me. She's a strong woman he's lucky to have her.

WiddoMouse

I'm so glad they are not breaking up. Sharon knows how to deal with her husband's addiction. She's done it for years. He loves her. He can get clean to get her back.

SusanInFlorida

Having been married to an alcoholic in denial, I know what Sharon is going through. After 6 years, for my own sanity and with the advice of a counselor, I divorced him. Ozzy totally depends on her to make his life normal. Without her, he is a rudderless ship. Even he realizes this! She is doing the right thing, but I think his upcoming tour with Black Sabbath is a bad thing. Just saying...if you haven't lived with an addict, you don't know what it's like to walk on broken glass, trust me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments