Akon Tricks Airline

Gimme My 1st Class Seat

4/18/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

041813_akon_launchAkon had his first class seat snatched away from him, but got some sweet luxurious revenge on Delta yesterday ... thanks to an odd coincidence.

We heard Akon was sitting back in steerage coach during his flight to LAX -- which was hard to believe, but when we caught up with him at arrivals he confirmed he was indeed forced to take a commoner's ticket ... because he was late for the flight.

But you gotta hear Akon explain how he not only reclaimed his seat in the land of fresh baked cookies and free booze -- but also made a buck off Delta.

Power to the (rich) people!

The_Darrell

To the interviewer... Yes, that's right. Only people in coach smell. What with the cost of soap and water being so expensive.

Ozzie X

Modest much? or the word humble never crossed his mind. I would have said whatever just get me to where I need to be I wouldn't cry like a little baby.

John Galt

Who is Akon?

RD

Why is it that every time you hear anything about this clown, it's always bad. You never hear that he helped someone or gave someone something. This guy is just bad news.

Truth

You can't buy class. Example: #57935147

Gridiron

For the people who didn't bother to watch the video and are simply attacking Akon for no reason, that headline is VERY misleading. He was humble throughout the interview, said it doesn't matter where he sits as long as he gets to where he's going and never mentioned anything about "making a buck" off Delta. When he arrived late for the flight, Delta gave his seat to someone he was traveling with and the person gave it back to him. Simple as that. In fact, the interviewer was much worse. If you've ever flown coach, he just called you smelly.

Truth

NO 1 CURR!!!!!!! #TRUTH!!

Michael

I fly Delta all the time, sometimes in paid 1st but most of the time I don't pay for 1st I get the free upgrade thanks to my status.

It's not uncommon for someone who has a paid 1st to get bumped to coach and lose their seat, in most instances they bump you to the next flight unless you take a coach seat, if you take a coach seat they refund you what you paid for the 1st class ticket, however sometimes the 1st class ticket cost less than the coach ticket which they will downgrade you too (coach tickets with no restrictions cost more than a 1st class ticket with restrictions.)

But TMZ thinks 99% of you are idiots and likes to mislead with their headlines.

KWDragon

Delta is the most pathetic airline out there. So many people, celebs and us common folk alike, are treated like dirt. Vote with your wallet: don't ever fly Delta. Ask Fluffy, Delta sucks.

Laura

I thought he was a real gentleman about it. Not too impressed with the person who wrote this story.

Vernon P. Alarcon

why did Heidi Klum dump him?

Snerkles

Well, I guess we can be humble, together; I have no idea of who he is, and he doesn't know me.

kitnplayn

Hey Akon. I don't know anything about you, and black men usually frighten me, but you seem like a really nice guy. Kudos to your momma. Good job.

RuthieB