Tito Jackson

Accused of Blowing Off

200 Kids

4/19/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0418-tito-jackson-this-is-it
Tito Jackson crushed the hopes and dreams of 200 Detroit kids, and along the way pocketed thousands of dollars for himself ... so claims a talent show promoter.

Darrell Strickland --  the promoter who organized "Tito Jackson's 'THIS IS IT!' Talent Search" -- tells TMZ he paid Tito $3,500 to judge the competition.  The event was set for last weekend but Tito was a no-show ... no explanation, no nothing.

Strickland tells us, “Over 200 kids were there expecting to see Tito and were all upset about him not being there. We really promoted this event ... And now that he didn’t show up, I want my money back.”

We tried contacting Tito's people multiple times, but we've heard nothing back.

The promoter says he plans to sue if Tito doesn't ante up.   In other words, this is it.

Max Smart

Another Jackson dirtbag exploiting the family name.

NOT ELMO

Tito Jackson crushed the hopes and dreams of 200 Detroit kids, and along the way pocketed thousands of dollars for himself ...................LOCK HIM UP !

kenblazed

Tito

Carl

Something in this story doesn't make sense. I find it hard to believe anyone would be excited to see Tito Jackson.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Maybe these people can all get real jobs bagging groceries or something.

sgm

These kids don't even know who Tito is much less being disappointed because he was a no show! How desperate can the so-called promoter be to hire this no talent crook!

StarryStarryNight

typical jackson behavior.

TheEric

i'm supposed to believe that 200 kids give two ****s about tito? i'm 25 and even i dont give a **** about tito...no one does...reebie would draw a bigger crowd that tito would

Bagman

they accused MJ of trying to blow little kids also ba-da-bing /rim-shot/

fixmypc1978

Yes, Finally the truth comes out. My brother was in this competition, and was a finalist, he made it through four rounds and the April 13th round was the final fifth round for him and the final round to pick the winner. My brother sold tickets, even us (his family ) had to purchase tickets, he was promoting the show because it was required or the contestants to sell, sell, sell, I felt so bad for him, and other contestants on the final night (April 13th) it was sad, the contestants were rushed, not given time to finish their songs and they were rushed off stage. It seemed as though the winner had been determined long before even the last performer was finished performing, like he was no one. I really felt bad for the last guy. I told my brother about this contest as it was promoted on our local new fox 2 Detroit. When it was over, I felt bad in a way that I told him about it, but good in a way he did enter because it gave him the opportunity to meet other rappers, singers, and get a feel of stage performance and the music scene, My brother spent time and countless hours in his studio, recording, editing and preparing for this contest. Now I'm glad what I told my brother is true, when the contest was over, he posted a comment on his fb about how people take money out of Detroit and don't give back, I told him "when people need money bad enough, they will rent or lease out their name" How True and that was just four days ago and now this Article on TMZ Appears. maybe god has something else planned for him.

fixmypc1978

Tito couldn't even help his own 3T. Darrell is a nice guy though, I met him and talked to him on the phone, I would be mad as hell too if I were him. He gave my brother an opportunity to perform and was good to my brother and the others who entered just sad he picked Tito to judge it and was ripped off. Sue Tito Darrell, and Darrell if you read this Rob is my brother and he posted on his facebook the other day, how people take moiney from Detroit and don't give back. How True, now it's on you to sue Tito and bring the Money right back here to Detroit. What a greedy pig, I guess in essence, all Tito did was leased out his name then, how pathetic, but I guess I since no one is buying J5 records or 3t records, and Michael is no longer here, Jacksons gotta find a way to make money. Folks DOn't take it out on Darrell, he was just trying to find someone in the industry to help promote and find the next talent. He just happened to pick a person whom he didn't know was a cheat.

Truth Be Told

I had to laugh when I saw that the title for this Talent Search was called "This Is It" after Michael's Famous Last Tour Name (had Murray not killed him first that is). See the family members are still trying to rake in money off of Michael even in death!

Moneyhands

my god children were victims, he made the jackson family look lil more bad

Rogerthat999

From just the headlight I thought that Tito actually blew 200 kids. Otherwise I would have skipped the article

nusox n draws