Tito Jackson

Accused of Blowing Off

200 Kids

4/19/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0418-tito-jackson-this-is-it
Tito Jackson crushed the hopes and dreams of 200 Detroit kids, and along the way pocketed thousands of dollars for himself ... so claims a talent show promoter.

Darrell Strickland --  the promoter who organized "Tito Jackson's 'THIS IS IT!' Talent Search" -- tells TMZ he paid Tito $3,500 to judge the competition.  The event was set for last weekend but Tito was a no-show ... no explanation, no nothing.

Strickland tells us, “Over 200 kids were there expecting to see Tito and were all upset about him not being there. We really promoted this event ... And now that he didn’t show up, I want my money back.”

We tried contacting Tito's people multiple times, but we've heard nothing back.

The promoter says he plans to sue if Tito doesn't ante up.   In other words, this is it.

ILY Michael

"We really promoted this event"
First I've heard of it

NYCGAL328

Tito thinks he is a huge celebrity in the U.S. lol Michael's kids are bigger celebrities than them.

Karen Thurston

Did he know about it?? I live here in Detroit. I've followed his tour. Tito is not the type of person to not honor an event. I went to the venue. The store front holds 65 people. A hole in the wall in downtown Detroit. I don't think the This is It event is legit. Back up off my man!!

Kabala

I thought Michael blew the kids...

Karen Thurston

You fools believe TMZ?? LOL on you. Search for the facts first. The event was BS from the beginning.

voiceofreason

I somehow doubt that the kids were excited to see Tito. There is nothing exciting about Tito Jackson!

Concerned

I am outraged that ppl would go this far and post this story. My daughter woredk her tail off and won fair and square. The contest served a purpose and that was to put these kids in front of someone in the industry. Darrell did that. I have been entering my daughter in contests all her life and most of the time there is a registration fee. I am not concerned about Tito showing up. The people who could have done something for these kids did show up and most of them got a chance to pass on the info to the record label. I don't know the specifics all I do know is Darrell Strickland did what he set out to do put talent before major entertainment industry people that doesn't happen here American Idol came here years ago and dogged us nationally. The other shows has never been here. I am personally grateful for her having the exposer. Tito if you are out there I won't pose an opinion because I know that there is a lot going on in your family. Please Tito try and talk to the kids at least please Tito. We need to know the facts ppl before we judge. Give him a chance to respond. Judge the talent yourself at Detroitcity.tv

MiMi

Wow, that is such a shame. Suprised that Tito would pull a stunt like this but anymore nothing any of the surviving Jackson family members do come as much of a suprise.

And using the "This Is It" name was really stupid. Can't they do anything on their own without referencing Michael in some manor?

Geez......

Truth Be Told

Michael's Family - (Mother, Father, Brothers & LaToya) continue to exploit Michael in any manner that they can since his death. Example: Selling belts, cologne, etc. in the hopes of making a profit. They also drag the kids into it, by getting the kids to promote these silly schemes of theirs. Now, Tito uses the very same name as Michael's (would be) Last Concert Tour. This is the most despicable family ever! Even in Death - Michael is exploited every which way by people (family included), nor is He permitted to Rest In Peace. Anything For Money!

Pegasus

Michael Jackson The King

www.youtube/watch?v=FgWS7_CVTyw

Pegasus

Dose Of Reality

Anyone, especially kids, wanting to see Tito? It seems like everyone in that family is a crook.
Can any of them do anything without a lawsuit?

I could imagine how someone would feel if they walked by, and saw him ask for change so he could feed the parking meter as a cop was approaching, they would pop a quarter in the meter, as an act of good will, expecting nothing in return and when they were informed that they did something for a Jackson, they would live in fear for the rest of their life expecting a lawsuit.

Dose Of Reality

What's the only outfit a Jackson is comfortable in?

A lawsuit.