Rapper T.I.

T.I.cked Off Hip Hop

Was Dragged Into Boston

4/20/2013 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0419-TI-hip-hop-tmz
T.I.
is pissed ... telling TMZ he has no connection to the hip hop website frequented by dead Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev ... a site that prominently featured the rapper's mug.

T.I. had no idea his pictures were posted -- he'd never even HEARD of Real-HipHop.com -- and he's upset that the hip hop genre is now connected to the bombers.

"Hip hop narrates the activity and conditions of our culture," he tells us. "It doesn't create them."

T.I. is frustrated: "Hip hop ain't never been about hurting innocent people," T.I. said. He feels Boston "was a horrible tragedy and my prayers go out to the families involved."

Rusty Shackleford

he spelled that wrong it should read:

"Hip hop precedes the activity and conditions of our culture, as role models to impressionable youths our insensitive and often violent words create bad people doing bad things"

LovinLife

T.I. No one is thinking about you. Stop trying to make yourself relevant right now.

bettybloop4u

Hip hop is a dangerous disgusting art form where life imitates its art form not vice versa. This music has been poisoning the minds of the youth since the mid nineties and now the chickens have come home too roost. You will never hear a rapper come out against its content because they get paid offnthe glorification and exploitation of all the ills of the ghetto black communities. Rap has demolished the black family unit and its poison Is now starting to affect white american culture. Black women have been treated like trash and exploited through that music. Black men have been killed through that music. Now white culture is embracing this highly mysogenistic crap. If you're a woman there's no way you should support it. Black women have been right about it all along this music has been poisoned by mainly black men.

Loves you

Blaming music is stupid. If that were true country music would be the cause of suicides.

joethaplumber

"CIA Trained Afghans To Use Pressure Cookers Against The Soviet Army" CIA Agent Baer

joethaplumber

Al Pacino says rappers "really get" his 1983 cult classic "Scarface." Who taught rappers this form of entertainment and that it could be so successful?

Serialkilla213

I'm surprised its not let's all blame metal like the media blamed Marilyn Manson.

Fat Matt

Now he knows how heavy metal, punk rock and rock musicians have felt every time they've been dragged into controversy for the last 50 years...this is nothing new, medias always looking for a patsy in dangerous music

Poopsi47

Hiphop brought alot of us together too, Dont hate

garybuseyisabitch

this is the worst guy to defend hiphop. him saying hiphop aint about hurting people is hypocritical to his music because he's alway talking about shooting people with aks. In his last song "addresses" he says "Hey ***** I can’t afford a good fight
Haha, but I can’t afford a one life" basically saying he'll put a hit on his enemies. I do think its b.s that tmz tried making a connection between rap and what these douchebags did but t.i saying his music doesnt advocate hurting people is a lie. i know they say they are just reporting on what they saw were they live but those lyrics werent telling people what he saw in his neighborhood it was a clear threat to his enemies.

Bounce

you know what I find so dam funny is how white people can jump on the bandwagon so quick when associating VIOLENCE and HIPHOP but always forget about their precious ROCK N ROLL & COUNTRY music violent past....so its my pleasure to remind all you HYPOCRETICAL A-HOLES out there...."I kill children by Dead Kennedy....Night Prowler by AC/DC...Reckoning Day by Megadeth..Anything by Black Sabbath & Sex Pistols...even ur precious single wide, backyard, ford pickup COUNTRY MUSIC is no exception...."The night the lights went out in Georgia"........so please STFU thinkin only hiphop has a violent past jacka**....#REALHIPHOP4EVR

Enlightened

"Hip hop ain't never been about hurting innocent people," T.I. said.

___________________________________________

How ABSURD!!!. Rap and Hip Hop have ALWAYS been about violence and the degradation of women. Every day a black or hispanic male kills someone in their neighborhood, and HIP HOP and RAP are the soundtracks for their death and destruction. Jay Z, TI, Lil Wayne and others HAPPILY cash in on the murders of their OWN PEOPLE. But when WHITE Bostonians are killed, SUDDENLY they are upset about it. How about showing the same concern for the thousands of BLACK CHILDREN killed by the THUGS who are emulating what you preach in your "music."

Knockoff

Shame on you TMZ shame on you. Find something that's relevant to the freakin story for goodness sake! This was uncalled for. Poor choice on you part TMZ.

Rod

T.I. Is absolutely right...if Hitler owned Judy Garland records, would that make her fans all Nazis?

Mike44090

"Hip hop ain't never been about hurting innocent people,"<~~ I guess degrading women isn't really hurting them then, or don't the hip hop artists consider women innocent people.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments