« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Al Michaels

BUSTED

FOR DUI

4/21/2013 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0421_al_michaels_gettyAl Michaels -- perhaps the most well-known sportscaster in the world -- was arrested Friday night for suspicion of DUI ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Michaels went through a DUI checkpoint in Santa Monica at approximately 10:00 PM on Friday and when he spoke to officers, they detected an odor of alcohol.

We're told he was pulled over and given a field sobriety and after performing poorly, he was placed under arrest. Michaels was released from jail at 4:15 AM on Saturday on his own recognizance.

According to our sources, Michaels blood alcohol level was right at the legal limit -- he blew a .08 and a .09 in two breathalyzer tests.

Our sources say Michaels could not have been nicer throughout the ordeal.

Michaels was the play-by-play man for "Monday Night Football" for 20 years before moving over to "Sunday Night Football." He's also done baseball and basketball ... but is best known for his call of the legendary "Miracle on Ice" hockey game at the 1980 Winter Olympics.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

total scrotal implosion

What a fukcn idiot! Why not have a chauffeur if u got the $ and wanna get drunk..

Harleynut

You guy's are slow at TMZ, were is his Booking Photo? You are faster with Lindsy Lohan.

kitnplayn

Nice guys kill children when they drink and drive too.

ashley

he'll skate with a disorderly or something very minor, no way will he be charged with DUI!
I'll never forget my dui, same year as crazy Lindz, I think about that mess everyday - so I don't make the same stupid mistake again, ughhh!

NOT ELMO

Al Michaels
BUSTED.........................i am so proud of you !

tomdenver

should have given them free tickets to something

Thomas Jefferson

"Al Michaels the most famous sportscaster in the world" don't think so.

mrharrybawls2012

WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS DRIVING AROUND LIKE THAT!!!??? YOU DAMN CRETIN!!!!!!! I'LL FLIP YOU LIKE A CHEESE OMELETTE MICHAELS!!!!!!!!

BLESSINGS,
VINCE NEIL

Ca2Az

Because of who he is, he'll get a slap on the wrist and will NOT serve one minute behind bars. I like Al Michaels but I must say that I am disappointed.

BeSmart12345

NEVER submit to a sobriety test if you think you are on the edge. You are NOT required to submit to a sobriety test. Make them take you in for a blood test, and do NOT submit to a blood test until they get a warrant -- under the recent Supreme Court decision, a warrant is required in most cases. While most places had a magistrate on duty 24 hrs, there is still an administrative burden to go through. By the time that happened, Al would have been below .08

nastynorm

To cheap to pay a driver,stupid.

Az Heat

I make less than $50,000 a year and I rarely drink but if I do I take a Cab to the bar and a Cab home! My point is I know this guy makes well over what I make and I guess I'm more responsible than the celebrities that get busted for DUI's

s_megma

Baba Booey

Happy

He has been on a drinking binge ever since Frank Gifford got caught cheatin on Kathy Lee. Next. Bye the way, what ever happened to that woman?

August

How come the 12-Step religious AA/NA cult's "HIGHER POWER" didn't do its HIGHER POWER THINGY and keep Al Michaels from drinking & driving that night?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments