'Billy the Exterminator'

Cops Sweet Plea Deal

In Roach Case

4/21/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0419-billy-exterminator-mug
"Billy the Exterminator" won't be bugged by those pesky inmates looking for some late night love ... because he just got a reprieve by a judge.

The A&E star -- real name William Bretherton -- and his wife, Mary, were busted last April when cops caught them with synthetic marijuana and a smoking device. Both parties pled guilty Friday to drug possession.

As part of the plea deal ... Billy was sentenced to 60 days in jail, BUT he won't have to serve time if he pays a $500 fine, completes four 8-hour days of community service, undergoes substance abuse evaluation and steers clear of drugs and alcohol.

To make sure he's clean ... Billy must submit to random drug testing.

If Billy stays clean for a year, he's free to pursue his dream of crucifying all the critters his little heart desires.

lander

oh nice, a rape joke in the first line.

Fred Farkel

Get the jail time down to 2 weeks, serve your time, and get back to the drugs.

RealAsTheyCome!

He looks like a roach! I scurd!!

Fox

How do people like this get their own TV shows?

Constance

I'd take the jail.... It wouldn't be 60 days. That's gonna be a year of torture with the government on his back.... I don't get it...

Cartman

Busted for smoking fake weed. How embarrassing.

germs

I like the show. Seems like a nice genuine guy. Good luck to him

PhilipMarkum

Sad. A lot of very good people, including chronically and terminally ill people looking for pain relief, are in legal trouble, jail, and prison for using an herb that has less bad effects than drinking alcohol which is legal. Pot needs to be made legal. I have chronic pain from an illness with no cure and I take prescription narcotics to relieve the pain and those narcotics are much stronger than pot and have less side effects, but I can't use pot because I have to get routine drug tests as part of medical care (liver toxicity among other things) and if pot or other illegal drugs are detected my physician will fire me and my health insurance company might not pay for pain medications anymore. LEGALIZE POT PLEASE.

marlee5574

I don't understand why they're making a big deal out of fake weed. I guess I wouldn't want to go to jail either. Bummer.

Marie

Synthetic marijuana? Why?

Elsa

Someone needs to exterminate that thing living on the top of billys head.

Jail time for fake weed... wonder if you can even sneeze in their town without permission.

Cricket

I don't understand why networks feel the need to inflict these embarrassments upon America and the rest of the world, that can see such ridiculousness.

Roscho

Don't forget about all of the fee's that go with the settlement and evaluations and counseling. Several thousand $$$. Take the time in county.

This, by the way, is insane. Legal in 2 states today, perhaps 20 by next year. Our government continues to abuse us.

SUNIA3

Love Billy!

CleverBucktooth

There is nothing sweet about his plea deal. He must've had a public defender.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments