Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

Mysic_beats2013

Cracks me up when celebrity think because you a big time hot shot you can get away with anything, WRONG!!!!

zombie

I guess this put a damper on their sloppy drunk sexcapades they had planned for later.

Socalpimp

If it was LAPD they would have let her go...They would know who she is!!!

Jordan

I am so glad the Tax Payers gave Hollywood Billions of dollars of Stimulus money, So a Drunk Ungrateful Celebrity who breaks the law with her husband can use the "Do You Know Who I am" card.

Perky

It's a good thing she didn't threaten to stab the cop with that chin of hers.

hellooo!!

She's such a jacka$$. That's what happens when u act like a JACKASS.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

The officer is going to get desk duty and push papers for six months that's what celebrity status will do to you.

onefeather

The reason she thinks she is so hot is because people make them seem that way, they are like a bunch of sheep that just because someone is in the movies they fall all over theirselves to say they seen them or talked to them.I think it just shows who the stupid people are..shallow minds shallow people.

Smiley

On behalf of all of my Ford Fusion drivers. Get off the Fusion already!! :)

tleeg

Arrest her for making crappy, boring movies.

dede

they are rich enough that they could have hired a driver for that night.

kells

This would barely be news if she would've kept her mouth shut, so nice job Reese. She is never going to live this down.

Exec Producer

I think the police officer that arrested Reece Witherspoon and her husband should get a medal for not putting up with her " I am a star" BS. One for the really Good Guys!

jack

I guess she found out it didn't matter "who she was". Good for those Atlanta cops for doing their jobs just as they would for anyone

Horse13

Litle Miss Goody Two Shoes shows her true self. I knew that no one can act that perfect all the time. At least we all know she's human, and not some alien pod-person. What a phoney.