Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

watcher 1

ANOTHER CASE OF A RICH SNOT WHO THINKS THEY ARE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. WHO CARE WHAT YOUR NAME IS SUGAR.

Rocky

That's what she gets, just because you are white with money doesn't mean you can just do what you want to do.

vroomvroom

Wow Reese, with all the money ya'll got, get a cab or get a chauffeur.... We all know u got money, therefore have a beautiful car to flaunt but we don't want to be killed either by dumm ppl

niles

Yeah, we know your name, you overrated "actress".

LovinLife

Another celebrity thinking they are above the law. "Do you know my name". Really Reese? Think again. Next time call a cab and stay off the road if you're drinking dumb a$$.

WTF

I like Reese. Unfortunately, it's not going to matter who she is.

andiblondi

holy **** balls! bad girl Reese!

Erica

If I was the cop I would have said: I have seen Legally Blond 2 and thats reason alone to arrest you.

spader

Cops should recognise her name now, she's married to that drink driver.

Gypsie148

Of course she'll talk back. She's a celebrity and she knows that they can get away with anything.

August

So, she married another ALCOHOLIC UNEMPLOYED LOSER.....

chloelee29

Wow. I had a feeling this guy was bad news. With the wanting to get married right away into dating and getting her pregnant ASAP in ensure his gravy train. Train wreck.

JDoors

Witherspoon to cop, "Do you know who I am?"

Cop to Witherspoon, "Do you know WHERE YOU ARE?

You ain't in Hollywood dear. I sure hope she publicly apologizes when she sobers up. We don't need ANOTHER douchebag celebrity.

Cecilia

Standard behavior for her no matter how sweet and innocent she acts

Signothorn

She was Illegally Blonde?