Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

faraWay

Her charges will be thrown out. Cops love the power trip. If she didn't threaten the cop, she did nothing wrong. Omg she got out of a car and talked back. Big deal. The cop obviously has a god complex and thinks he can make up rules. No way hers will stick. Her hubby on the other hand...ruh roh.

Krammerhead

Another celebrity who thinks they can get away with anything because of who they are.

Gypsie148

Of course she'll talk back. She's a celebrity and she knows that they can get away with anything.

mr.howell

She needs to face reality!..the cop should have said..yeah,I know who you are and I don't give a F*ck!..get back in the car!..celebs like her think they're above the law!..but they learn fast they're not!..what divatude!..it's so cliche for stars to say'' you know who I am?'..it's pathetic!.

Lauren

1.He was drinking and driving! Kill yourselves,that's fine...but don't risk other people's lives because of your stupidity! And 2. Wow,she certainly has an ego! Dislike!!

TheEric

I was hoping she didn't pull the 'do you know who i am card'...and she totally did...what a bitch...

Jenn

How did this take 2 days to report?

awards

The officer thought she was Lindsay Lohan; she is lucky she didn't get shot, eh?

Stillwaters

...and they got busted in Ford Focus! He was pulled over for crossing over into the other lane... That's pretty bad.

james

WHO ARE YOU,???????

Vernon P. Alarcon

2. Any idiot that lets her hubby drive drunk should be tar & feathered or pilloried and pelted with rotten food after a fine and incarceration. These lunatics coulda killed somebody.....
...
NOW WE'LL REMEMBER YOUR NAME ... reese

SheisHot

Reese is a good actress but makes horrible decision about the men in her life. Dude punched his golden ticket when after giving a cream pie three times each day until she was knocked up with his child.

August

How come the 12-Step religious AA/NA cult's "HIGHER POWER" didn't use its HIGHER POWER to intervene and keep Reese's alcoholic husband from driving?

Don

Confusion? Here's a bit of clarity: You're Reese Witherspoon, arrested for disorderly conduct

Now if the winds keep shifting all those other "do you know who I am's" will have that same feeling as the rest of us when we don't get a free pass.

jonjon