Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

lynkel

Ahahaha, americas former sweetheart. Do you know who i am. Bahahahah

_DNP

She thinks she is above the law! I'm happy they threw her heal first into the jail! I'm an Atlantan and I can die proud now . lol

Jenna5960

I always had a lot of respect for her. She seemed to be a great mom, carry herself well, and be responsible. This is absolutely crazy. You let your dumb husband drink and drive and then flip out about him getting arrested. Really stupid Reese.

King Shadi

How corny!

Follow me on my new Instagram: @BlackHeartedKain
Twitter: @pudathewildone

romba

She'll need a bigger scandal than this to revive her career.

Mrugowsky

Guess what, baby the cops DON'T REALLY CARE who you are. For them it's all business nothing personal.

Bubblegum

know Who She Is? Wow. Umm..An Actress. Police Doing His Job. She Is A No Body Drunk With A Drunk Driving Husband. Shame On Her. self Entitlement. Just Wow. Looking At Her Differently Although She Always Struck Me As A Snooty Biitch.

Keelin

This made my day. Throw that self-righteous bitch in jail.

_DNP

The funny thing is how she trashes Rihanna, yet Rihanna has never been ARRESTED !

Wow ...

How disappointing! I like Reese, but this is a shame. If you plan to drink or party even in the slightest, call a cab. If you choose not to do so, do not get angry at the police for doing their job. Perhaps one should thank the cops for stopping an accident from happening or worse a senseless death! I get why she was upset watching her husband get arrested nonetheless, this is ridiculous!

John T.

What does she think, do you know who I am ...sure as hell not God lady. And not above the law.

magikmarv

Let this had been a black person you whities would of been all over it from ghetto this another black this just showing the jealousy but now its the all American white women let's see these comments

Courtney

Gotta love that whole "Do you know who I am?" card. F U B! You're an overrated actress who's always been a self rites witch! And now you have a record too. Good going "mom"

ogalirish

That "do you know who I am" business never works for me either. lol I wonder if she ask the folks in the drunk tank the same thing? Hmmm, "can I have your autograph whatever-your-name-is"

static

They should have tasered and batoned both of them.