Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

nextstory

I was out in Atlanta last night at a beer festival, and had a little toooo much fun.
& guess what....I GRABBED A CAB back to my hotel!

Lynn317

REESE ... If you really had any kind of backbone, you never would have let your husband drive drunk. He must have been in pretty bad shape to be weaving in and out of traffic ... and YOU must have been hammered to allow someone so impaired to get behind the wheel.
Reese, you would have been outraged if one on your kids was ever injured by a drunk driver - and now your kids will think there mom is a hypocritical fool for acting like this.

Joe Blowe

Hey Reese, if you're so well connected, maybe you can get that cop a raise

Nobrows

I absolutely hate it when celebrities play the "don't you know who I am" card. Who you are is just another person who is driving drunk, endangering the lives of everyone else on the road. Get over yourself.

Stinkeye

That cop might have saved your life, you stupid ingrate. You could be dead.

taz

I have zero respect for people who are rich enough to pull the "do you know who I am" bull, but are to cheap to hire a ride when they're drinking.

bowers

hahahahahahaha do you know my name? hahahahahahahah

KLJ

Reese's true colors are showing.... another celebrity thinking she's above the law and better than everyone else.

sinatrarules

Zsa Zsa Gabor revisited

taz

Well Reese you were right, it was going to be on the news, trouble is you don't come off looking too good. Cops, they can walk on water right now. You, not so much.

happypat35

She must've been lit, too lol, or maybe that goody-two shoes act was just an act.

Christine

I ate when actors play the "celebrity" card.

zinna14

Another stupid celebrity who thinks they are above the law.Reese needs to get her head out of her ass.

PurpleRain

Oh Reese, I liked you until now.

neiceofchi

Just goes to show you, outside of LA you are a nobody and must be subject to the laws of the land. The police saved a few lives by getting them off the road