Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

EH

Cop: stay in ur vehicle ma'am! Reese: do u know who I am? Cop: I dont care, stay back!! Reese: I'm With-a-Spoon! Cop: with what?! Reese: With-A-SPOON!!! Cop: [gun drawn] drop ur Spoon down now!!

NOT ELMO

Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior.".....................LOLZZZ

BAnn12

She absolutely disgusts me.... "do you know who I am" as if she is above the law because she is famous??? They could have seriously hurt or killed someone!!! Goes to show what type of person she truly is! Total DOUCHE

VimalaNowlis

What's with these "celebrities"? Is there anyone not sauced all the time and lash out at the police for daring to interfere with their free and easy ways?

Lester

I know who you are, give me a mill and I will let you go.

Leenaknows

Just another spoiled brat - and for your information - I go to work everyday - DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? And in light of the Boston Bombing - you Mr. and Mrs. "Do you know who I am" could not find something better to do than drive, drunk and put others at harm. Shame on you for thinking you are "somebody" Your apology means as much as you do - nothing!

sweetbaby

Give the girl a break…she made a simple mistake. It is just something that happened…not who she is.
Comment negatively people, only when you are pure and perfect. Stop passing judgement. She is human, she made a mistake, she apologized…get on with your own lives now.
Love you Reese!!!!

sweetbaby

Peace for Reese…get over it people!!!!!

AkaBIGG77

I love the lawyer approved,paralegal written forgive me for i have sinned statement she released... as i said earlier this fugly **** cheated on her husband with his best friend had his baby then got dumped... its time misses sharp chip got a dose of reality...****in bitch

Davis

Even if she had not been drunk she would have done the same thing. Being drunk was just a lame excuse to cover for her ignorant behavior.

linda

she was one of the few hollyweirds i liked....i guess she is just like the rest ...above the law...they make me sick...a normal everyday person would still be in jail for acting like that...another i will boycott!!!

Seriously?

Did I miss the apology for the DRUNK DRIVING that could have killed somebody? THIS is what you'd take back? Pathetic.

alavan

These are the hollywood elite that are obamas bff's. Digusting but what do yo expect from Hollywood?

Good for the policeman that did not care who in the heck she was.

skeeber

Spoon poon, mmmmm.

lipservice

She asks "Do you know who I am?!" Maybe she was so drunk she had to ask LOL. What a role model for your children, you spoiled brat who thinks you should be treated special because she can remember lines.

Previous 15 Comments | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments