Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

Knuckles

"The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. "

Pure BS. Excessive booze serves to bring out one's true nature.

Susan

I think her apology is sincere. The majority of us have gotten too drunk a time or two in our life and have said things that we never would have said sober. Cut her some slack, she is one of the few good celebs in hollywood that isn't out on the bar/drug scene and she doesn't hop around from man to man.

Charlie

Let's give the lady credit for admitting her actions were improper and taking blame for it.

Politico Pablo

Maybe it all turned out for the best, since they both got arrested together. At least she didn't call the cop "sugar tits".

lori

This just goes to show that famous people make mistakes to. However it is unfortunate that when they do it is smeared all over the media. I feel sorry for them in that respect but i believe that because of that they should know better than to conduct themselves in unflattering way. If they are caught doing something that us regular people do everyone finds out about it. I can honestly say that if I were in their shoes i would conduct myself accordingly. I know this cause I do it now with no problem So i would really make sure I did if I was famous. I hope Reese gracefully gets through this cause she seems like such a likeable person.

Fishercz20

Reese when you pass on and are kneeling before GOD and he says " Hmmmm where should I send her". Will you stand up and say " Do you know who I am"! No one cares! You are no better then the rest of us.

Fishercz20

These so called Stars live in a Fantasy World. They lose track of Reality and forget who they really are. Hollywood is so corrupt. People are brainwashed. What a Sad World they live in and they don't even know it.

jin

Hey Dorothy..youre not in Kansas anymore...welcome to the A, where we don't give a F**K who u are. Celebrity arrogance run a muck..F'n funny..

Kathy Leighton

Isn't it funny how this works for some celebrities and not for others? They are no better than regular people. Do something wrong and you should be made to pay up too.

Patrice

Well Reese, welcome to the rest of the world. You are funny thinking you are better than anyone else to get your butt thrown in jail. You need some humble pie baby.

Bubba

I was once pulled over and asked the cop "Do you know who Reese Witherspoon is?", didn't get me out of it either!

Hell If I Know

Why are people yelling about "now I know how she REALLY is"? We don't know this lady. All we know about her is what we read in People magazine. We see her in movies that that is not her real life. . We don't KNOW her at all.

Same thing with Clint Eastwood. People go on and on about what a "class act" he his when in reality he has 7 children with 5 different women and has only married 2 of the mothers of his children. He also tried to ruin Sondra Locke's career and have her run out of Hollywood. Wow...that's some "class act" people. Stop confusing reality with the roles people play on TV or in the movies.

Mike

Reese was not driving. Her husband was. He's the bad guy.

She was DRUNK and she let something dumb come out of her mouth and she disobeyed the cop by getting out of the car. Does this surprise anyone?

Reese may be a big Hollywood movie star but she's still just a regular girl who sometimes does dumb things. There's a little bit of Lindsay Lohan and Courtney Love in every woman sometimes.

"Drunk women compilation"

wjb

good job officer..gonna get a lot of "free" publicity Ms Witherspoon..who are you anyway?

latinkeenan

Mother of the year. Great example for her kids. Way to show them how to get into a car with a drunk driver. Dumbass.

Previous 15 Comments | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments