Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

latinkeenan

Mother of the year. Great example for her kids. Way to show them how to get into a car with a drunk driver. Dumbass.

bstill

It sounds to me like neither one of them knows how to handle their liquor and probably should not imbibe!

RM

As much as I like Reese as an actor, I hope the judge through the book at both of them. First with her money if they wanted to drink, fine, get a limo or take a cab. Second, just because your profession is an actor don't act like that means you can do what the h#ll you want. The courts have to stop letting these actors get away with stuff because they are well known or well connected.

Sparky

Wow he looks like the TMZ lawyer!

Crackhead

Don't worry about it, Resse. You are still perfect to me.

Cookie

Drunk at 6 am. Dumb and Dumber. They will always be remembered for that incident when looking at them. Good actress but stupid.

Palmerlmg

Come on, she's human. Give her a break...

Warren

Now that the cop knows who she is what happened? Was the charges dropped and/or did the cop lose his or her job?

Will Reese.... What did your name do for you?

Pointed Hat

They have taken the fun out of going out and having fun. Better to 'light up' than to 'lift up'.

Sue

sorry... just think she is a real cutie...BUT... I don't get celebrities;;; do like the rest of us do when we have too much to drink... call a friend... call a cab....don't drive drunk.....they have all the money in the world... no excuses.. they certainly have a flippin driver.....

Hell If I Know

Booze just allows you to say what you really feel. Please tell me again, how in the HELLZ is the woman even considered a "movie star"? She's average is so many ways, including her looks and talent. Lana Turner, Joan Crawford, Linda Darnell, Bette Davis...hell even Sharon Tate...those people were "movie stars", NOT the medicore trash that passes for talent today.

Rose

They need to plaster photos of their mug shots on their front door so they can see them as they leave for the day...Just a gentle reminder that they dodged a bullet because some officier stopped them in time. Count your blessings you two....

Ashb

Wow all I see here are a bunch of jealous people looking for something to bitch about! Keep acting like none of you have ever been drunk and said or did something embarrassing. She's a great actor and I'm sure she's a wonderful person. It's sad how many people mindlessly judge another person because of one mistake they have made. Especially considering most of you are surely being hypocritical!

pa

why can't ya just get a driver........

ATL COPS are S C A R Y

I was arrested by the ATL Police for, "public intoxication". It's a "catch all" for power hungry police officers. The little guy picked me up, threw me on the ground (almost broke my nose) and put cuffs on so tight, I had no feeling in my thumbs for SIX months. Why, because I was in a public place that was serving alcohol and I told the officer I didn't do a damn thing. Damn is considered unruly. Trust me....the NY'r in me could have done better and had I known he was going to drag me off to Fulton County Correctional where I was put in general population for 26hrs before paying $2500 for dismissal, I would have made his ears burn. Seriously nuts, he was upset that I was a YANKEE! Guess he didn't know the Civil War ended a long time ago.

Previous 15 Comments | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments