Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

Karen

Reese please go back to blonde hair. Oh and don't worry we understand why you did what you did. Good you set it right though and apologized. Even if they don't deserve it.

Patty

She should do a commercial on how bad drinking alcohol is and what happens to you when you get caught I guess she thought she was above the law the cops don't care who you are when you break the law she is a peice of **** she is a bad example for her kids.

BobbyL

Tired of elitist celeb crap like this.

rn506

Not sure what is funnier, her comments... or that they were cruising around drunk in a Ford Fusion. ... Was it at least a hybrid or a titanium?

Mee Mee

What I would like to know is why he was released? Anyone else arrested for drunk driving would've had to spend the night in the pokey.

jeff

hot as hell. dumb as a stick. an obama lover.. that says it all.....

Made it Past 27

WORST MUGSHOT EVER

Giselle

No one blows a .139 blood alcohol after having had "one drink two hours ago."
I'm so sick of entitled celebrities. So glad she got arrested. Routine traffic stops like this can be deadly for officers. If you don't follow what they're telling you to do you deserve to get arrested.

Gargamel

Sexy lady, he is one lucky dude.

J.E.B.

LUCKY is the cop who got to strip-search this individual at the jail during booking!

ProBlackPanther

What else is new? Another celebrity caught in a DUI situation. Throw her and the drunk under the jail!

Sara

Drunk loose lips sinks ships!

bob parks

Spoiled brat. Lock of them up for a few days.

Lou Chacon

Of course the PR SPOKESHOLE says " You must say your sorry" But why were they arrested anyway ? Everybody knows that celebs & rich people are above the law ! How dare they arrest them ! Thats only for we common people.

DOGNESS

Do you know who I am? A yea. A really bad actress who does really lousy movies.

Previous 15 Comments | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments