Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

Mickey

What can I say.....celebrity or not, it happens to the best of us. I know I've thrown back a few too many and sounded off at an officer. At least she owned up and apologized.

sus7637

Lmao @ do u know who i am. looooooooooooll! who gives a flyin' f who she is, when she felt like a fool saying that sh** to a Cop who didn't give a dam if she was Madonna..... so now she's tryin' to pretend to be sorry and run bullsh** to the media bcuz she felt stupid. serves her a** right!

Made it Past 27

Reese: hypocrytical on so many levels. She always praised the south and said that's where she got her down-to-earth southern hospitality from. So now you are TOO GOOD TO OPEN YOUR EYES for the mugshot, while you smirk at the world? "Do You Know Who I Am?" THAT S**T DOES NOT WORK IN GEORGIA! BC IN GEORGIA, YOU CAN BE ARRESTED FOR LOOKING AT A COP THE WRONG WAY! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT! SPOILED HOLLYWOOD B I T C H! YOU ALWAYS PRETENDED TO RESPECT THE SOUTH! BUT NOW THE TRUTH COMNES OUT FULL FORCE! YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD SOME RESPECT FOR THE SOUTH, INSTEAD, YOU PLAY THE BEVERLY HILLS CARD! HYPOCRYTICAL SPOILED HOLLYWOOD BITCH: DON'T YOU EVER SAY A WORD ABOUT YOUR "SOUTHERN" SELF-BC YOU ARE JUST AS HOLLYWOOD TRASH AS LINDSAY LOHAN!

Edith

Jajajajaja

DEB

NO i dont know who you are but i assume my uniform speaks for whom i am. Get your happy azz back in your car or you will know where you are going shortly! Give me a break in her mugshot i would not know who she was either, do they forget normal folks have no clue who they are without the makeup,gowns, and watching them on tv or the big screen. But nice PR work give the PR a raise Reese.

Blurgle

Do I support driving while intoxicated? No, of course not. Am I going to demonize her or her husband for this incident? No. It's not the first time someone, sober or drunk has mouthed off to an arresting officer when a loved one was being arrested. They did something dumb, that's it. Not the end of the world here. The only difference between them and a "common" man is 1) A gossip blog or paper like TMZ doesn't report it as "news" and thus 2) People aren't posting in a blog demonizing a "common" person for just making a dumb mistake.

Mind you, she picked a career that gave her fame, so not like I'm demonizing TMZ for reporting it either, even if I do think they are pretty inane. (Just can't respect a blog that asks if someone "Membas" a celebrity). People want to hear celebrity dirt, they fill that niche.

What!

Today in The View Matthew McCounaighey and the ladies from the show DID NOT mention Reese's name even though she's the costar of the Mud movie they were both promoting this weekend!!!

tiredofwhiners

bet stevie nicks is looking at her differently now...

Kevin Quinn

She is just another nobody. Second rate at least. You cops rock. Job done and done well.

drjackbrown

Nonverbal Communication Analysis # 2376:
Reece Witherspoon's Arrest & Mug Shot
Her Body Language Reveals ....

jlw

Zero sympathy for driving, stoopidity, or snarkiness under the influence.

NY2012

Good job officer

Mon

Hahaha! I always thought she was class! I was clearly wrong!

GregSr

And all this time I thought Reese was an intelligent, humble and socially responsible human being.

Clearly, I was mistaken.

Tracey

That is one powerful One drink....139? I am so glad that years ago I found drinking alcohol and doing drugs to be no more, but that of just of plane stupidity. ONLY STUPID PEOPLE do the things that are harmful and not good for them.

Previous 15 Comments | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments