Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

Tracey

That is one powerful One drink....139? I am so glad that years ago I found drinking alcohol and doing drugs to be no more, but that of just of plane stupidity. ONLY STUPID PEOPLE do the things that are harmful and not good for them.

Mary

Why is anyone surprised at her egregious behavior. After seeing the way she treated Elizabeth Hasslebeck in on an episode of the view, I would expect nothing more from her. I stopped watching her movies after that I was so appalled.

Margaret Drollett

Let those of us who has not been embarrassed by our actions one time or another cast the first stone ........A Mistake..........A Mistake.......good luck to her and her family .........it must be very difficult to clean up this kind of mistake in the news I have read many things about her and she is a very charitable person I suggest charity begin in our home give the girl her privacy

jed

Celebrities, Celebrities
Reese is why I do not go to movies.....
My money would support the lifestyle of these fools

David

The were driving on the" Freeway" She apparently asked the cop " How Do You Know?" He asked her to "Walk The Line. " "The Party Was Over" becasue she "Walked to a Far off Place". LOL LOL I am amazing!

melissa

Celebrity or not...could have killed innocent people due to no appointed designated driver...especially when they can certainly afford one!

sue

keep your chin up reese

No Comment

Witherspoon showed exactly what she is all about when she told the law enforcement officer, "You're about to find out who I am," as he hauled her and her husband's drunk derriere off to the SLAMMER! Hollywood at its best, always wanting and taking from the country but never giving nothing in return while expecting they deserve special attention and favors. Ever hear of calling a cab or in your case, Witherspoon, a limo, with all the money you actors are overpaid for what you do? You make me sick just the rest of that town. I hope the judge throws the book at you but that won't happen.

lol

I imagine she acted like she did in the bar scene in "Sweet Home Alabama" when she flies off the handle for a bit. I can't even be mad at her for it, she obviously wasn't thinking straight and didn't measure her words, she's not the first and certainly won't be the last.

FHP

Relevant: http://www.frathousephilosophy.com/2013/04/quickie-part-deux-1-how-not-to-do-stand.html

Fails are contagious

WallStreet

Who is she???

MetalGoddess

Reese: YOu are about to find out who I am... Cop: You are about to find out that I don't care!

Meandmine

No one gives a $hi% who you are...the idiot you're with is a drunk driver, you're drunk and acting like a fool. Explain that one to your kids.

Regina

She has been hanging around Chelsea Handler WAAAAAYY too much. Everything that alcoholic hoe touches get's ruined. Jennifer Anniston had to cut her loose because being Chelsea's friend was ruining her reputation. Reese should do the same.
This is so uncharacteristic of Reese. She has always been classy and low key. She's never been one to throw the " do you know who I am " card before. I am very surprised by this. I think her apology was sincere and she seemed thoroughly embarrassed in her mugshot. Unlike so many celebs who try to trade in their rap sheet for fame.

Mv21

Well if she can stand up for her husband by using her celebrity. She should use her celebrity to support drinking and driving victims that die daily . Don't you think,,

Previous 15 Comments | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments