Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

kells

I would imagine a divorce is in their near future. I doubt Reese is going to own up to this- and we can't have him tarnishing her imagine. She made Ryan look like worlds worst s***bag, when now I'm starting to wonder....

Mike

Yes, Reese the cops do in fact put Hollywood stars in jail for DUIs and mouthing off to the cops. Just ask Lindsay Lohan.

They put Kiefer Sutherland in jail for several days a few years ago for DUIs.

karmah

She sounds belligerent. I would have never guessed her to act that way PLUS to pull the old "do you know who I am" routine. Shame on her!

Anne

Pathetic! I've lost any respect for her that I had (for as much as you can respect an actress)

Virtual Insanity

Yep. They know her name now. Entitlement backfire.

Carrie

YO! DON"T DRINK AND DRIVE! Do you know who I am Reese? A mom (and I am just as important to this world as you) and don't want to see your drunk ass husband on the road. And your husband could have killed or mutilated another human being. I don't give a crap who you are. You think you have a license to kill because you're "famous." You have no right to kill another human. Get it? What if Ava, Decon or Ten was killed by a drunk driver? Then would you get it?

M.D. Jason

Witherspoon was handcuffed after disobeying repeated instruction from the arresting officer to stay inside the vehicle. Reese Witherspoon Arrested http://todaynewsgazette.com/reese-witherspoon-arrested/

Storm

The cops are out putting their lives at risk for our protection and this little moron thinks she can throw her me around and bully them. Nice job Reese..now we truly know who you are.

unbelievable

Yes Ma'am. I know who you are. You are someone who is not following instructions from a law enforcement officer. Now sit down and be quiet.

Nonsense

But I'm Reese Witherspoon not some average person!!! How dare you!!

zombie

Didn't she steal that line from an old AMEX commercial?

webgun

This will make a fantastic SNL skit

Alex

Honestly I live in Atlanta.. and almost everyone I know has been pulled over for a DUI.. I think the police here are corrupt and just wanting money and to fill a quota! I hope this gets dropped.... Atlanta is not public transportation and taxi friendly either.. and they know this..

Scallywag

Looks like the "don't you know who I am" defensive didn't work in this case...

Mike

I wonder if they put Reese in the foul smelling drunk tank with a bunch of other drunk women and prostitutes, etc. I bet that would get her sober pretty quick.