Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Truth

Go reese way to stick up for your man

Cashin

Remained in character... lol

zombie

Can anyone just call a taxi, limo driver or NOT DRIVE DRUNK in the celebrity world? It isn't rocket science people. WTF was she doing getting huffy with a cop? If her hubby is a drunk driving fool then she needs to STFU and sit the fvck down.

GoldenAngel

That's right stand by your man or get locked up with him "what ever works" lol

hey its the gate lady!

Busted....they were probably both under the influence and reeses alcohol started talking. Liquid bravery...it happens.

GoldenAngel

Stand

shaheem

I guess the cop was just doing his job, and Reese feels she's so superior due to stardom that all cops must overlook that and let them go when the F Up

thehoch

OMG....The new Linsday Lohan! Kidding....There are good cops and a lot of bad cops. You take your chances when you have to deal with one, that's why I stay the hell away from them, and never drink and drive. Be smart....

Misfitttt

didnt see that one coming...

anon

& it took this long to break the story.. lol They should have been the K"S.. lol

CoolPhosphorescentShimmer

If the cop tells you to stay in the car, stay in the fvcking car. It's not that hard.

Lou

Zero sympathy entertainers should be throw the book. They can more than afford a damn taxi. Disgusted.

spader

The old "Don't you know who I am". Cops love that !!

PowerBlue

She was kind of legendary in Ted Casablanca's old blind-vice columns as being a beotch (Shafterella Shoshstein), so I'm both surprised and not surprised...

my4girrrrls

I like Reese's work and all but nice example for your kids ... At least they weren't in the car too!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments