David Spade

Hey Reese Witherspoon ...

YOU'RE NOT THAT FAMOUS!

4/23/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

042313_david_spade_launch
Reese Witherspoon learned the hard way -- if you have to tell someone, "Do you know who I am?" ...  you're NOT as famous as you think you are, this according to David Spade.

Spade was leaving Boa Steakhouse in Hollywood last night when we asked if there's ever a good time for a star to drop the "I'm a really big deal" schtick ( a la Reese) ... and the "Rules of Engagement" star gave it to us straight.

"If you have to explain to someone you're famous, then you're technically not that famous."

#Truth.

Poopsi47

Neither are you, old news

RunnerGirl

You know, he has a valid point. Love David Spade - lol

whateveryou

I like Spade. But if I were him I think I'd sidestep this one. You'd be hard pressed to say that one is really more famous than the other (between Spade & Whitherspoon). Not the best idea to step into another celeb's problems, unless of course, you make the comments during a stand-up act. Then people expect it, otherwise I'd stay out of it.

Michael

Who the hell is David Spade? I've never heard of him before. Why is he famous?

Laura

The guy makes a point. And her "you're about to know who I am" sounded like a threat to me.

JrzGrl

Not true. She's an academy award winning actress. Everybody DOES know who she is. I think she just wasn't sure if the cop recognized her or not. Stupid move either way but yes, she is that famous. These celebs feel this way bc ppl treat them like they're special. It's ridiculous. They simply pretend for a living. There's not a single person on the planet that I'd stop and bother for a pic or autograph. Not one. Ppl are brainwashed. Pathetic imo.

Kath

WOW! Someone who gets it!

Ozzie X

Love David Spade.

Mike

I'm sure David Spade has gotten hammered drunk and said plenty of stupid things himself. I bet he's played the "do you know who I am" card plenty of times too. Heck, all of the Hollywood stars do sometimes to get special treatment.

Reese was drunk. Drunk women say and do the darnedest things.

Tommy

WHat kind of car is he driving?

spader

Cool dude :)

J

He would know. He is a not so famous Joe Dirt. But he has been known to bang some a listers.

Sherron

I guess she found out in Atlanta they don't care the hell who you are, LOL! That being said, at least she appears to be embarrassed more then I can say for some of these actors

Jeems

Mr. David Spade is 100% correct.

Bkshorti

I agreed w spades all the way.