Will.i.am

a Song Thief

4/23/2013 9:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0423-will-i-am-tmzThis is pretty crazy ... Will.i.am just 'fessed up to stealing the beat behind his new song with Chris Brown ... but he insists it was an honest mistake.

As we reported, house producer Arty accused Will of jacking the beat for Will's new song "Let's Go" featuring Chris Brown. According to Arty, the beat was stolen from an Arty & Mat Zo song called "Rebound."

AND HE WAS RIGHT.

Will just called in to KIIS FM, admitting he used the Arty beat saying, "I'm a fan of Arty. I think he's great and the world needs to know about how talented those guys are. It's sad that it's turned into a fiasco but hopefully it's resolved because I'm a fan of those guys to the point where I wrote to their instrumental."

Will said he thought the licensing issues had been taken care of ... but apparently they hadn't. He added, "We're fixing it now."

fenuchi

I really didn't care for it, too bad they can't use something else. Guess you have to have more talent to do that.

Drew

He didn't write to his instrumental...First off will i bull**** has never..NEVER...written anything..wiki all his tracks..every single one has a "co writer" or 2. they actually write the songs. The label pays them to let will i am put his name on it. Every time he says hes gonna write something he steals someone elses music. Its such a scam and we shouldn't fall for it anymore..DON'T BUY "HIS" MUSIC!!!!!!

IwuvTMZ

Busted!

Jericho Morton

In he UK he has turned into the Black iPodge:

Toodle pip

Truth

DUDE IS A KNOWN SWAGGER JACKER.. JUST LIKE BEYAAWWNCE. NOT THE 1ST TIME THE CRAPTASTIC RAPPER STOLE SH*T AND HAD LEGAL ISSUES. CANT RAP, CANT SING, AND NOE THE DOUCHE ADMITS HE CANT PRODUCE HIS OWN BEATS. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

Queen.of.the.Obvious

I find it a little insulting that he would say "... the world needs to know about how talented those guys are." As if A) they're unknown and don't have their own fan-base and B) the only way for him to inform the world of their greatness was to sample the song for his own record. @@ He could've expressed his love of the music from the get-go and given them credit/royalties, etc. Sounds like he didn't care or respect them enough to take it upon himself to make sure that things were ironed out and proper credit was given first.

KWDragon

Have you noticed that with Will.I.Am, it is always a matter of "I thought the paperwork was already done"? Whether it is stealing money from his Yele Haiti charity or stealing a beat from an artist, he always THOUGHT everything was okay. Shady.

FastNOC

yeah, the world needs to know about it. So give no credit, steal the track and hope nothing happens. That's always the best practice to get the word out isn't it?

Schmuck

Meanie

surprise surprise, a cRapper rips off clips and music to make their crap. Talentless fuques.

trini_angel

If the world needs to know about those guys Will.i.am, don't u think it would've been fair to request permission, acknowledge in writing and pay him the dues so the 'world can know about those guys'? It irks me when these celebrities act like they can do anyone anything to act invincible

trini_angel

*and act invincible*

LetsBeReAL

This guy steals all his music. ALL!!!! This roots from the black eyed peas. "My hump" equals mix between "my milkshake" by kelis and "my neck, my back" by khia. "I've got a feeling" was a famous trance song and the beat was written by another dj. All this idiot does is bring songs that are not so famous in United States to the United States. The fact that he gets recognition for stealing all these trance songs and then adds his corny lyrics to it is FKD UP!!! He's a thief and he always was. Stop giving him praise when all he does is steal from real talented people. He makes me sick!

EggsOverEasy

I thought sh*tty music was easy to make, why steal it from someone else?

EggsOverEasy

I wonder if late at night he sends out emails to people telling them they have a million dollars coming to them but he needs $500 dollars to send the money to them..

Blackpower

If they plan on suing they better not put chris in it

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments