Lil Scrappy

RELEASED

From Jail

4/24/2013 12:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0423-lil-scrappy-mug
Lil Scrappy
is a free man ... for now ... after a dubious pee test led to him being thrown in the slammer, TMZ has learned.

As we reported, Scraps turned himself in to ATL authorities yesterday in response to a warrant that had been issued for his arrest. The warrant was issued over an alleged probation violation, stemming from his 2008 pot bust.

Scrappy had been ordered to submit to a urine test in March, but according to authorities, he turned in a sample that was cold to the touch and may have been tampered with. Scrappy was asked to submit another cup, and allegedly refused.

Scrappy tells TMZ, the warrant was bogus because he never submitted bad pee in the first place.

Scrappy was released from jail today after a judge granted his lawyer's motion to recall the warrant. A hearing is set for May 16 to hash out all the issues.

Mr.Mackey

I thought he was released from jail last week.... in out in out, its hard to keep track

Rich

Ya he is a piece of crap or scrap....both work you talentless dolt!!!!

Made it Past 27

I actually believe him,even though it sounds like a bogus excuse!! Why? IT HAPPENED TO ME OVER A DOZEN TIMES! B"llshi* arrests happen in Georgia CONSTANTLY and FOR NO REASON AT ALL! TRUST ME!

Georgia cops are known for being DIRTY COPS who LIE and ABUSE THEIR POWER! They HARASS perfectly behaving, and law abiding citizens for NOTHING, constantly, on a daily basis!
THEY ARREST PEOPLE FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! THEY MAKE STUFF UP ON POLICE REPORTS! THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO HARRASS LAW ABIDING TAX PAYING GOOD LAWFUL AMERICAN CITIZENS!! IT MAKES ME SICK!!
When I lived in Georgia, sometimes I would walk to the grovery store, instead of drive, to be healthy and to lose weight. When I was a pedestrian, I was stopped by cops CONSTANTLY. They would stop me, check my identification, check my drivers license number, check on arrest warrants,ask me if I was on probation, ask me where I was going and where I was coming from, they would ask me if I had ever used marijuana in my entire life, they would ask me if I had any weapons including BOMBS, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, not just guns or knives. (I don't know if police in other states do this as typical protocol, but they definitely did this where I lived, for NO reason. I have never been arrested in my life, never been on probation, the worst I did was a speeding ticket-8 years ago!!!
I was even searched on multiple occasions for NO probable cause. I was completely polite, kind, and respectful !!
Several times, they said that I "was NOT "free to go" on my own, and had to call someone to pick me up! I was degraded, humiliated, and disrespected so many times, for absolutely nothing. I WONDER IF A LAWYER COULD HELP ME WITH ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE THESE INSANE SITUATIONS. A simple trip to the store equals police harrassment, interogation, searches,
and threats of being arrested? They had ZERO probable cause!This shouldnt happen in America!

Warren

Being thrown in the slammer for consuming Marijuana. What a waste of time and money. Cannabis has been used by mankind for thousands of years then in the 1930's big government decided to make Cannabis an illegal plant. The Prohibition of Cannabis has ruined more lives than it is suppose to save.

Fani Dilth

Can't we all just pee along?

AV

Show me a rapper who is clean???????????????

Six Million Dollar Man

Who? Never heard of him.

Guy

"A hearing is set for May 16 to hash out all the issues." I see what you did there TMZ.

yhood

Glad your out Lil Scrappy....yeah!!!!

lynkel

We all know that pee was not legit. But hey, i would do the same thing if i was in his shoes. . . . Did everyone have a good 4/20.... this girl did. Cough cough.

freebutterfly13

Dumbass

dreamon

A pot bust? really? Hardly newsworthy in 2013, nor is it worth public scrutiny. I'm glad he's out. I just think now people's previous arrests for pot possession should just be "scrapped" from a person's record altogether.

Bonnie

after working for a major employer and sending employees to the lab for testing if they are involved in an accident, a cool or cold specimen is automatically a fail.

swagology

He got arrested for trying to put his paws on him hahahaha

Fox

Isn't scrappy scooby doo's sidekick or something?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments