Nappy Roots Rapper

Violent Cops Were RACIST

... And I'll Probably SUE!!!

4/25/2013 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

r_prophet_launch
Ex-Nappy Roots rapper R. Prophet says he was the victim of a RACIST BEATDOWN ... and tells TMZ he's thinking about suing the hell out of the cops who tased him earlier this week.

Prophet just called in to "TMZ Live" ... and says he feels it was "definitely racial profiling" when cops in Kentucky approached a car he was riding in this weekend ... and proceeded to beat the crap out of him.

The rapper says the driver of his car was arrested for DUI at a police checkpoint that night  ... and was taken to a nearby police station.

Prophet says he was left in the car ... and while he was trying to figure out how to get home, an officer approached the parked vehicle and demanded the rapper step outside.

"[The officer] said , 'Step out of the car sir,' ... so I stepped out of the car. Next thing I know I was getting handcuffed ... and the officer pulls out ... his little electrocuting gun, they call it a taser or whatever."

The rapper tells TMZ he was beaten mercilessly for no reason.

Prophet says he had been drinking that night ... but insists he didn't do anything wrong at any  point in the evening.

Cops tell a different story ... saying the rapper was highly intoxicated, walked directly into traffic and was a danger to himself and others.

Either way, Prophet says he plans to unleash a legal nightmare on the cops ... right after he clears his name with the judge.

hummm

The race card again... the poor race card is like kim kartrashian used by the most distinguished members of the black community, and just when they need it.

OLiarbama Argo-Urself

Argo yourself.

Toni Ryan

American idol.
For a show that is G rated, Myra's outfits are too reveling. Most of her outfits the top is cut so low she is almost falling out of them. I,m sure that turns a lot of people off.

Supr Dav

They probably have video and can sue you for filing false charges when it's revealed you were being an A.

SEK

Can another line be used? This one is tired

Ronb331

That saterday was Thunder over louisville he should have known there were check points everywhere. I would love to see which side of town it was on because they were probley black cops if he was in the "west" end that's all that are over there. But if he was out of the louisville area I would probley believe him but I see him in the hood all the time just another washed up kentucky rapper. Btw we have alot of them who use the "do u kno who I am card". Meet him one time in a rite aid and he asked if I wanted he's autograph. I told him "awe naw hell naw cuz I got it like 14 years ago when they were famous. He left nappy roots to pursue a solo career we see how successful it was didnt we. And yes those lips are not from a beat down

Mazor

"I din't do NUFFIN!"

gbtw

now that i hear it was kentucky... i am less doubtful about the veracity of his statements. it's a different world in those states... i had a friend that used to have to travel by car through some of those states. he always kept a piece on him, and not just cuz of the residents. don't know if this guy is a douche or not, but i can actually believe him- that he was fearing for his life when he kicked out that window. let's face it, this probably wouldn't have happened to a white guy- even if he did almost walk into traffic.

Poopsi47

They are our own american terrorist, see I told you, slavery still exist, but dont worry black folk, its your time, watch and see

Fred Farkel

who??

Faye

I'm so sick of the race card.

Fred Farkel

Oh and I forgot to mention that he is one FINE looking black gentleman...

alphatino48

Of course they're racist. :-/

Mona

This fool is SO ugly!!

Rhonda

So very tired of these ppl pulling the race card when they get themselves in trouble!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments