Nappy Roots Rapper

Violent Cops Were RACIST

... And I'll Probably SUE!!!

4/25/2013 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

r_prophet_launch
Ex-Nappy Roots rapper R. Prophet says he was the victim of a RACIST BEATDOWN ... and tells TMZ he's thinking about suing the hell out of the cops who tased him earlier this week.

Prophet just called in to "TMZ Live" ... and says he feels it was "definitely racial profiling" when cops in Kentucky approached a car he was riding in this weekend ... and proceeded to beat the crap out of him.

The rapper says the driver of his car was arrested for DUI at a police checkpoint that night  ... and was taken to a nearby police station.

Prophet says he was left in the car ... and while he was trying to figure out how to get home, an officer approached the parked vehicle and demanded the rapper step outside.

"[The officer] said , 'Step out of the car sir,' ... so I stepped out of the car. Next thing I know I was getting handcuffed ... and the officer pulls out ... his little electrocuting gun, they call it a taser or whatever."

The rapper tells TMZ he was beaten mercilessly for no reason.

Prophet says he had been drinking that night ... but insists he didn't do anything wrong at any  point in the evening.

Cops tell a different story ... saying the rapper was highly intoxicated, walked directly into traffic and was a danger to himself and others.

Either way, Prophet says he plans to unleash a legal nightmare on the cops ... right after he clears his name with the judge.

KEV

His face looks like Lindsay Lohan legs.

robin

Bull here we go with the race card. AGAIN

Rich

Can you say BULL ****!!! Dang non talent POS rapper...drunk and possibly high.

Nicoleasm

Well instead of saying it was racial profiling, he could say they violated his rights as a human and assaulted him for no reason. Then he should sue

Rich

Trust me the RACE CARD is slowly coming to an end!!!

OLiarbama Argo-Urself

Your beat ass face screams you is gay. Your thong ass proves it, beotch.

MusicAddict21

what a dumbass... =P

Mrugowsky

Blah blah blah racism blah blah blah boring. Tired of hearing that excuse to justify bad behavior. I don't believe this guy and he likely brought all this trouble on himself.

cate

I wonder what his excuse would be if the cops were black...

Joi

I don't like to pull out the race card, but something definitely isn't right here. Unless he was violent and pulled out a gun, there is no logical reason for Prophet to have been beaten that badly. Too often, people play the race card to cover up their own bad behavior, but I have a feeling that Prophet might be right on this one.

LISA

It definitely appears he was beaten and tasered to excess – the question is WHY? The cops say it was to protect him from walking into on-coming traffic and injuring others. He said it was for no reason at all.

If he was really drunk, he may not clearly remember his actions. I heard he actually injured his own head in an earlier report, so I hope he (or his lawyer) will get a chance to see the footage before he moves forward with any complaints or lawsuits.

As for racial profiling, I don't get that part. If it was a DUI checkpoint, that means everyone is stopped and questioned or tested. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

FckTMZ

As a black man, who has never had a run in with the law (not even any misdemeanors) I get tired of hearing the race card thrown around. It should only be used in certain jurisdictions, such as a kkk member is at your door trying to kill you. Now, will I say prejudices don't exist?, hell no! Because I get profiled as the time, however by screaming it's racist every two seconds, you give caucasians leeway to think all of us black folks are crazy. As I SE it, let's stop using the race card and start raising prosperous young black men and women, so that there would be no factual proof of whites stereotyping us. for example, most if us feel as though muslims are terrorists, because of the media overexposing their attacks. The only way we as Americans would ever feel comfortable with muslims is when these damn attacks stop. Same with blacks. In sorry, because I don't want to sound like a self-hater of blacks, but dammit the murder rates in our community, along with the senseless crimes (petty thefts, drug trafficking, prostitution, single mothers, etc.) are freaking ridiculous! MLKJ did NOT fight for this! Bottom line, there are racist, prejudice, etc. people in this world some will always feel hatred towards blacks, due to their own bigotry. That can't be changed, but what can be changed is the deviance in our community. Why give a bigot reason to hate? respect comes where respect is deserved.

Fox

Who is this guy?

Tmzsucks

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually envy black people. It must be nice to play the race card when you're mistreated. It must be nice to have your own colleges and sympathy from the government. Us white people get no hand outs and actually have to work hard to get what we want.

Whatever

I don't even know who this dumb ass is but have no doubt he's guilty of being felony stupid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments