Rapper R. Prophet

Graphic Post-Taser Photos

Cops Thought He Called Himself a Prophet

4/25/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0424_tazer_injuries_launch
Pulling a Reese Witherspoon is all the rage these days ... the problem, when you're R. Prophet and ask a cop, "Do you know who I am" ... you've gotta enunciate clearly, because judging from the pics a misunderstanding can cause you a world of hurt.

Prophet was arrested Saturday for disorderly conduct and other stuff, and in the middle of the bust he screamed, "I'm R. Prophet!!!"   But cops thought he was proclaiming, "I'm a prophet" ... which made him look like a nutcase, and things went downhill quickly.

Kentucky State Police say they had to tase the ex-Nappy Roots rapper multiple times for resisting arrest ... and again for kicking out the back window of a police cruiser. The photos tell the story of the struggle.

But Prophet tells TMZ, it's all BS ... he was fully cooperative and cops repeatedly tased him for no reason as he laid helpless on the ground and handcuffed, adding, "I felt they were doing me like a slave.  I thought I was dead."  He also says when he was thrown in the back of the cruiser he was pepper sprayed and tased again.

Prophet says it got so bad in the car he thought they were going to drive him somewhere and kill him.  In a panic, he says he gashed his head on the window.

The trooper who arrested Prophet tells TMZ, the rapper was highly intoxicated, walked directly into traffic and was a danger to himself and others.

Buggy

He is a slave -- doesn't he know that

oink

You all think the LAPD are bad, the Law in Ky the Cops are the Judge- Jury and executioner. !!!

Loves you

This was unnecessary and no doubt because he was black. This is police brutality and the cop should be in big trouble. I mean using a tazer on someone who hadn't presented themselves as armed or really posed an imeadiate danger? Wow

alwaysstayhigh

shoot i dont knowbwhobhe is id beat the **** out of him too

MEA73

I don't know who this guy is, but he got beat up pretty bad!!

oink

The Jails and Cope in Ky are mad because the State releases inmates early, they believe once a criminal alwaya a criminal.. and you never get a break, everyone holds it against you. they watch and try to re arrest you for anything... Crime pays well in Ky for the Cops , Court and Jails.
they want and need criminals.

LB

Day-um!! Can his lips be any bigger??? Huge ass lips on a misshapen head.....LOL!!!

happyascanbe

They went toooo far and if he was a nutcase they should have been more sensitive not the opposite.

ray

LIKE A SLAVE" oh HORSEH!T. Sorry, no sympathy for a drunk violent a$$hole.

Sjango

Damn limp dick peckerwoods i see a lawsuit in the making

JFO

Yeah sure you were cooperative ... I'd like to see the tape on that arrest. I'm sure you were anything BUT cooperative and the "slave" remark pretty much clinches that for me.

vivajeffvegas

Something tells me he did a little more that mouth off to get this treatment....

aB*

AHHHH HIS FOOT! is that from the taser!?

ImUrDad

Those r all wounds from squirming n resisting! looks like he got pinned n he fought back. Theres no sign of a beating just a drunk that wouldnt stop. He had to b thrashing for a while cuz he wore down alot of flesh n he had to b very fu@ked up to not feel the damage he was doing.

peacewalker

Ha! Like some cops in Kentucky, or 99.999999% of the general population would know what an R. Prophet is.