« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dana White

UFC Fighters Are NOT Violent People ... Outside the Ring

4/26/2013 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0426_dana_tmz_live_launch

Vantris Patterson
is dead wrong ... the UFC does NOT transform athletes like Phil Davis into violent people outside of the octagon ... this according to UFC honcho Dana White.

White just called in to "TMZ Live" to take on the allegations Davis' baby mama made in her nasty custody battle with the UFC fighter -- that the sport has turned him into a monster.

"Phil Davis ... we've never had problems with this guy EVER," White said ... "He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met."

White says he has hundreds of guys who fight under the UFC banner -- and barely ANY of them have issues with violence after the bell rings.

His explanation -- "When you train, every day all day ... the last thing you wanna do is fight outside the octagon."

So why would Patterson make such outrageous allegations? White believes he's got the answer to that too ... check out the clip.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

IwuvTMZ

What's wrong with rough sex?

mroldschool

Hey Dana, how soon you forget about Quinton's "Rampage".....

WTF

I believe that most of these fighters just think of a scheduled fight as just another day at the office. However, some of these guys are just mean. As long as Dana makes sure they keep their private lives free from controversy that hurts the UFC image then there is no reason to believe they are any different from anybody else.

JuanRambo

How does Dana know... Does he live with all the UFC fighters...

Joseph Diehl

If his fighter's are violent outside the UFC, a good civil attorney, can handle them.

BW

dana white is such a p**** head

static

He has a point I haven't heard of any UFC guys involved in any kind of violence outside the octagon.

Lil one

UFC fighter are not violent people ou my husband been doing MMA we've met Dana White from USC we've been to many of the expose these letters are the moon

Rotter

I wonder who's teeth he's using?

Lil one

UFC Fighter are NOT violent people. My husband been an MMA fighter and trainer for almost 10 yrs. I met many Fighters. They are the most Gentle Giants you will ever meet. I had the opportunity to met Dana White at an EXPO .. He truly stands behind his fighters and does like to deal with Rude people or fighters.. I’m a short woman; I was standing in front of a stage and Fans started to trample over me, and a gentle man in a wheel chair. Dana saw what was going on told everyone to “STOP “and “Back up”. He stood over me to make sure I was ok. Also Fighter stepped down to make sure everything was ok… Fighter are a bunch of great guys and gals..

Killmonokill

Dana white does not put up with **** like violence outside the octagon... It took years and more work then any of us can comprehend to make the ufc a legit sport and have class like boxing and all it would take is some crazy ufc fighter killing a guy in a bar fight to ruin everything. You can't say all fighters are not crazy and animals but for the few that are they also know Dana would drop them and crush their future if they did something stupid.

ChuckA41

Vast majority of the fighters are exremely disciplined, and have a tremendous respect for the sport and its art forms. Does that mean every single guy ever has been that way? Probably not, but as a whole I believe Dana is correct. He runs this organization with pride, honor, and respect.

campy

Dana White has obviously never been to Reseda before. I posted it here when the event happened, but some dumb self proclaimed MMA/UFC fighter jumped out of his white Mercedes convertible, tore off his shirt and shouted at some old guy in a pick-up that he'd beat his ass for honking at him....and that he was a UFC fighter. This all at a VanOwen traffic light. I doubt these guys are tested for steroids. That was typical roid rage I witnessed.

Areader

UFC should be banned....it's absolutely barbaric!

Roman Moroni

I don't trust the guy the sport is inherently a breed of itself outside the realm of sports in general & further this guy White has a VERY checkered past

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments