Chris Brown's Dad

I Don't Want My Son

Dating RiRi

4/28/2013 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0428_Chris-Brown-and-Rihanna_gettyChris Brown's own father has the same feelings as most of America does when it comes to his son dating Rihanna -- they should have NEVER gotten back together.

In an interview with the New York Daily News, Clinton Brown said that while he understand CB's attraction to RiRi, they are better off on their own. He told the paper, "I personally really didn’t want him and Rihanna back together."

The elder Brown, who split from CB's mom when he was 6, thinks the on-again/off-again couple does not have the proper balance to maintain a good relationship, explaining, "You have to have someone who is spontaneous and whimsical but you also have to have someone who is grounded and logical."

Clearly neither Chris nor Rihanna would be described as "grounded" or "logical."

Buddy The Elf

HAHA, priceless.

You obviously failed as a father, why would your opinion be worth anything now? (Though I happen to agree - BOTH of these two are classless pigs.)

angie

Please give me the name of ONE celebrity who is grounded and logical!

lovegarrison

The sperm donor giving dating advice? Maybe if he had been a real father to his son, and taught him how to be a descent man. Chris would have never hitted Rhianna. Why they interview him anyway?

Richard

If they want to be together let them be. Couples don't need approval from anyone and his Dad........lol. Really TMZ, all of a sudden he comes out of the blue. Let's not forget the dad has his own domestic violence issues.

mommyto1

As much as I can't stand these 2, it's their damn choice. My family didn't want me to marry my husband and we are a week away from our 4 year wedding anniversary. Maybe if CB's dad was around, he wouldn't have become a violent abuser. Hmmm.

uliar

Fork tongue

Gloryg7

He knows his son, and knows what he is talking about. But being a parent myself. We can not chose who our children will love. We just have to be there and support them when it all falls apart. Or celebrate if it all works out.

Gloryg7

And for all you ignorant illiterate morons its was Hawkins who.beat CBs mom.NOT Clint Brown! Clint may have been a cheat. But he didn't beat her!

EasilyHard

Bravo & Big Ups to the PoPs for that lasting imprint of domestic violence!! Ya dun good!!

Blackpower

He wasnt even in his life

Chuck

There is an old Robert and Johnny hit from the 50's that says it all...to paraphrase...They deserve each other. Nuff said.

yea i know

But, the fact that he gave this interview speaks volumes to his character. If I'm not mistake Chris' father wasn't active I'm his life his stepfather raised him.

Meanie

Too bad dadda didn't use a condom. Yep, they can all FOAD.

6one9

And since when
do
we give
a
fluck
WHAT our parents THINK!!
PULEASE!!

lucy

words of wisdom, who'd have thought it?!?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments