Catherine Zeta-Jones

Enters Treatment Center

For Bipolar Disorder

4/30/2013 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0429_catherine_zeta_jones_getty_article
Catherine Zeta-Jones has checked in to a treatment center to get more help for her Bipolar disorder ... TMZ has learned.

We've learned ... the 43-year-old Academy Award winner checked in to the treatment center Monday ... and is expected to complete a 30-day program.

Sources connected to the actress tell us ... Jones' stint in the treatment center is a proactive measure. As one source puts it, "It's maintenance."

FYI -- Jones completed a stint at a treatment center in 2011 -- at the time, her rep said Catherine had "made the decision to check in to a mental health facility for a brief stay to treat her Bipolar II disorder."

Zeta-Jones was last seen in public on April 22 -- when she hit the red carpet at the 40th Anniversary Chaplin Award Gala at Lincoln Center looking healthy ... with her husband Michael Douglas by her side.

0429_catherine_zeta_jones_sub

bobit

this is her way to avoid sleeping with an old man.

Dr Ramesh Kumaran

Recently I heard Demi Moore having completed her Rehab Program.Me too did it.Unlike in US here it has a lot of stigmata attached to it.So entering into a Rehab program here is very risky both to your reputation,self esteem and decency.Thanks.

patty r

damn she has some bad skin..

was an american

Wonder if the President will call her?

lee

Only by looking at the pict I thought it was Teri Hatcher.

pattycake

i feel sorry for her kids nightmare

WiddoMouse

I'm glad she is doing what is best for herself. I understand it's a very difficult disease to deal with. If she does not get it under control, she is not going to be an effective mother. She's lucky she has the money to go in for routine maintenance. God Bless.

metallica

Last year I was admitted into a private mental health facility. For 8 weeks I was monitored and treated for my bipolar disorder. If you don't have bipolar...you don't have the slightest clye how much it tortures you. Yes..medication can work...but It also dan wear off..or jyst simply

whateveryou

I'm with those who think it's brave of her to admit it. Years ago actors (or their people) would say they were going in for a "rest" . I wonder what it says about Hollywood though, that she seems like one of the saner/calmer actors going. Hmm.

metallica

*or just simply wear off. *silly iphone. Please don't judge and criticise domeone

nora

Just like Dina Eastwood, maybe too wide an age gap is just not easy to cope with after a while. I would choose my sanity!

Ann

Happy she is getting treatment, but 43???? I am guessing 50 or a little more.

LB

Congrats to her for her courage to admit to the world of her mental illness. Too many are afraid to admit they have a problem and refuse to seek help.....She serves as an inspiration to others suffering from this illness...and for that, thank you!

Gayle

I wish her well and respect the fact that she is getting the help she so desperately needs.

Michell

and comes out with a rejuvinated face