« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Collins' Ex-Fiancee

I Had NO IDEA He Was Gay

4/30/2013 11:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0428_jason_collins_carolyn_moosThe woman who was once engaged to NBA star Jason Collins tells TMZ, she had NO CLUE he was gay at the time of their relationship ... in fact, she only found out last weekend ... and she was floored.

Carolyn Moos (who played a few seasons in the WNBA) dated Collins for seven years and was engaged to him until they broke up in 2009 ... after Collins pulled the plug on their wedding.

Carolyn tells TMZ, she never once suspected he was gay, so the news is shocking. She says Collins eventually revealed everything last weekend -- just days before his big announcement -- and said that his homosexuality was the real reason he ended things with her.

At the time of their breakup, Carolyn says Jason gave a bunch of BS reasons for calling it quits ... and she could never understand what went wrong, until now.

Carolyn -- who's back on the hunt for Mr. Right -- tells us, "It's very emotional for me as a woman to have invested 8 years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand."

She adds, "I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sniffle24

if I pretended to be gay so I could have a career and not upset everyone in my family (who are mostly gay) and was with this woman for 8 years and then break up with her because I'm really straight and years later, I come out to the world and say, people, I am really straight. Do I also get a Sports Illustrated cover? Will people call me their hero?

What You Really Want To See

The strange guy who lay between you in bed every night should have been a dead giveaway. I know another man in bed was too subtle for you, but he was spooning Jason, for God's sake!

Victoria

What a bunch of craziness. Where in the hell are you folks coming up with him CHEATING? He never been with another male YET. Hello he just came out of the closet for god sakes. That why no one knew he was gay not even his own brother or his ex. After being with females all his life he realize he doesn't like *****. What is a crime to not like something. Not ever body like *****! I'm a female I don't like ***** either I cant blame him

Billy

She's actually pretty good looking and not a bull dyke from women's basketball. Not sure why this guy would choose pole over hole. What an idiot.

Joe

Harvey is the Biggest Hypocrite EVER!! TMZ is always outing celebrity about being Gay or making articles about Gays to get media attention. It is clear Harvey is Gay yet he wont come out the closet what a coward in my opinion!

bobit

POS should have come out before he lied to his "fiancé" lying s***, still the big hero that the left adores?

Toilethead

Didn't she notice he had calluses on his knees and his ass was reamed?

JAG

She's almost as ignorant as Obama.

Drabu

He was born that way huh?

Drabu

He was born that way huh?

Thom

Who gives a Good G__ D___ about another man saying he is a queer. The attention this "event" has got is media stupidity at it finest. Most people could give a s___ less about this, yet the media is cramming this NEWS down our throats(pun intended)

buzz kill

She was such a b*tch she turned him gay. Hey honey better get tested!

andrew

Was he "bluffin` with his muffin"?

AlwaysOnTimeB

I don't care what his sexual preference is, what he did to her was WRONG!! He wasted 7 years of this woman's life. She could have been with someone who loved her for the woman that she is. He also left her feeling hurt and confused about why he broke up with her. That's what I can't respect about him.

Dennis Day

So the guy came out of the closet. So what? Move on.