« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Collins' Ex-Fiancee

I Had NO IDEA He Was Gay

4/30/2013 11:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0428_jason_collins_carolyn_moosThe woman who was once engaged to NBA star Jason Collins tells TMZ, she had NO CLUE he was gay at the time of their relationship ... in fact, she only found out last weekend ... and she was floored.

Carolyn Moos (who played a few seasons in the WNBA) dated Collins for seven years and was engaged to him until they broke up in 2009 ... after Collins pulled the plug on their wedding.

Carolyn tells TMZ, she never once suspected he was gay, so the news is shocking. She says Collins eventually revealed everything last weekend -- just days before his big announcement -- and said that his homosexuality was the real reason he ended things with her.

At the time of their breakup, Carolyn says Jason gave a bunch of BS reasons for calling it quits ... and she could never understand what went wrong, until now.

Carolyn -- who's back on the hunt for Mr. Right -- tells us, "It's very emotional for me as a woman to have invested 8 years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand."

She adds, "I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Enlightened

Allspeakglory said: "Very sad - she is another victim of the closet. And why would an athlete stay in the closet, living a duplicitous life? The hateful, ignorant comments here on TMZ show exactly why"
_________________________________________

She isn't a victim of the "closet". She was victimized by COLLINS. Gays will not take personal responsibility for anything they do, instead whining and crying at every turn, making THEMSELVES the victim and alwayss searching for someone else to blame.

As for hateful comments, NO ONE has been more hateful than YOU, Allspeak. Others are commenting on the "story" (which, Einsten, is the PURPOSE of a message board), but YOU choose to make personal attacks with juvenile cursing and schoolyard name-calling against anyone with whom you disagree, using the vulgar language that is second nature to those of your ilk.

The truth is, NO ONE CARES whom you or an unemployed, inconsequential NBA player sleeps with. You can screw farm animals in the a$$ for all we care. But USING INNOCENT PEOPLE, as Collins did, TO PROMOTE HIS DECEITFUL LIFESTYLE IS WRONG, and it's COWARDLY. I know right vs. wrong is a concept that is alien to you, but listen and learn: COLLINS LIED TO AND USED AN INNOCENT WOMAN WHO LOVED HIM. To DECENT PEOPLE, love, family and honor still matter. Again, these are concepts with which you appear to be unfamiliar, since the lone goal of gays seems to be to have sex and expect to be cheered for it.

Two men having sex is not HEROIC. It is simply two men having sex. And a WEAK, SHALLOW LIAR who uses a woman who loves him is not heroic. It is simply sad and pathetic. For that behavior alone, he is a disgrace to the parents who raised him.

Thankfully, the vast majority of Americans STILL know right from wrong. But petty, whiny, uneducated, miscreants like YOU, never will. You are too busy frantically searching for someone else to blame for your shortcomings and immoral behavior. And by "immoral", I don't mean two men screwing each other in the a$$. I mean a complete disregard for the thoughts and feelings of others, as Collins showed for Moos, and as gays, who are hellbent on FORCINING the world to agree with their every move and utterance, are attempting to do. RESPECTING those who simply disagree with you is something YOU PEOPLE have never been taught to do.

Now, I'm sure you will tax your micro-brain to try to come up with a retort filled with the kinds of profanities that can be heard in any middle school lunchroom. But if you want to play the personal attack game, Sweetie, it's ON.

paulejb

I believe that this can be filed under "dodging a bullet."

ram

if a movie were ever made of woody Allen Andy dick could play the part and if a movie were ever made about pearl bailey queen latifa could play the part

brenda0058

What's with all the hate?

Collins might be gay, but at the end of the day he is a human being. These comments are just disgusting. No one, not ONE person should dictate or judge another human beings life. I'm sure he is a wonderful person...I cannot believe the level of disrespect..Is society THAT bored with their lives that they need to impede on others for expressing what makes them happy?!?!?

GET.A.LIFE.PEOPLE.

Spicy mag

She should've got the hint when he'd only do it in the poop shoot.

mcd

Eight years?

George

I'm so happy the Arabs hang homosexuals. Homosexuality is just as perverted as incest, bestiality, pedophilia, sado-masochism, necrophilia, etc. Such perversion is despicable and wrong. Such perversion does not belong anywhere on the planet! As an American man I believe we should give every homosexual the electric chair!

George

All homosexuals should be put in concentration camps!

doomdaga

F-ing hmo

Gretel

Unless he held her hostage under lock and key all those years she could have walked when the clock ticked louder and he wasn't getting the job done. I'm sure she enjoyed the money and lifestyle he helped to provide.

NeNe

stop hating on him people its his life. we know what he did was very wrong lying 8 years to this lady. but look around you any of you, your man can be down low and you would never know it. millions of man are down low these man are good actors. so before you all talk about him. check your man.

heather

stop hating on him people its his life. we know what he did was wrong on lying 8 years to this lady. but look around you any of you your man can be down low and you would never know it. millions of man are down low these man are good actors. so before you all talk about him. check your man.

TMZ420

Yea another gay coluem. Wasn't tmz about celebrity gossip. I should just go gay after all this propaganda

needaname

Carolyn Moos needs to get tested and PRONTO. My ex-Husband is G-A-Y, he thinks he is so buried in the closet because of our Son. One of my neighbors recognized him from the Adult Book Stores - the neighbor - who is out - told me 'I would NEVER do that to a woman...'. If Ms Moos says Jason sucks - well - literally he does.

CMTJ3

Wow, I am in shock...I mean I've never been so shocked...there was actually straight WNBA player?