« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Collins' Ex-Fiancee

I Had NO IDEA He Was Gay

4/30/2013 11:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0428_jason_collins_carolyn_moosThe woman who was once engaged to NBA star Jason Collins tells TMZ, she had NO CLUE he was gay at the time of their relationship ... in fact, she only found out last weekend ... and she was floored.

Carolyn Moos (who played a few seasons in the WNBA) dated Collins for seven years and was engaged to him until they broke up in 2009 ... after Collins pulled the plug on their wedding.

Carolyn tells TMZ, she never once suspected he was gay, so the news is shocking. She says Collins eventually revealed everything last weekend -- just days before his big announcement -- and said that his homosexuality was the real reason he ended things with her.

At the time of their breakup, Carolyn says Jason gave a bunch of BS reasons for calling it quits ... and she could never understand what went wrong, until now.

Carolyn -- who's back on the hunt for Mr. Right -- tells us, "It's very emotional for me as a woman to have invested 8 years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand."

She adds, "I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

shannon

All of the people in here obsessed with gay sex need to take a good look at themselves. I think it is so strange how when someone comes out, all bigots do is complain how you do not want someones sex life shoved in your face, yet you are all the first to let your imagination give you detailed fantasies about what is going on in someones bedroom. He said he was gay, he did not talk about his sex life.
When I tell people I am married nobody freaks out and tells me to keep my sexual activity to myself. What if the difference?

DanicaMarie

I'm totally fine with him being gay; good for him for coming out and being who he truly is. I am not however, okay with gay men thinking its okay to lead women on just as a cover. 8 years of her life were a complete lie? How is that fair? Not cool in my books.

mommyto1

Well things certainly got more interesting and quick! You gotta admit, this is way better than the Kardashian stories.

Ginger

Sad he used her

Sjango

He likes the weenie

zombie007

I guess she never put two and two together when Collins wanted a finger in the butt while doing it.

pascal

what the "christian" neonazis must understand is, that their blindness causes many many hetreosexual victims who are being abused as "excuses" and "covers". not just ms. moss. all gay republicans have a wife and kids!!!!!!!!!!! you have no other way to go in a fascist state!!!!!!!

the pressure from society is so high, that most gay ppl try out hetrosexuality because of the "christian" haters!!!

the real disease is monotheism.

gegeok

Down low.. dirt bag!!!

joy

Hope he wasnt double dipping while with her. How unfair would that be? Its unfair in any relationship heterosexual or homosexual. Too bad he wasnt brave enough then to tell her so shr didnt essentially waste eight years of her life with him

james

Gold Digging Ho's don't know to much about their man, except their bank accounts...

Tesla_Consulting

"as a woman" ... would could of possibly gone wrong?

the truth is

...and here lies the reason that so many blackmen date interacially. Women of other races don't have the same intuition as a black women, at least where black men are concerned.

WOW

SHE KNEW HE WAS A FUDGE PACKER...THE MONEY IS WHAT MADE HER NOT TRIP OUT.

tgrfan42069

Tim Tebow: "I'm a Christian."

Media: "Keep it to yourself."

Jason Collins: "I'm gay."

Media: "This man's a hero!"

so true these days

princesspr

Come on, Jason! I am for you being you; however, I can't and won't co-sign eight years. Now, you know better. You should have told her sooner.

By his own admission he knew that he was Gay; but, was afraid of what people were going to say.