Kim K & Kanye

PRAISED BY HOSPITAL

You're Saving Sick Babies

4/30/2013 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0430_kim_kanye_hospital_getty_2Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are bona fide HEROES ... this according to a Chicago Children's Hospital which says the money raised by the couple will be used to treat sick babies.

TMZ broke the story ... Kim and Kanye are urging friends and family members to abstain from sending baby gifts -- instead, they're asking well-wishers to send donations to the Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.

Now, reps for the hospital are hailing the couple for the generous move -- saying, "Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago would like to extend its sincerest gratitude to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West for their thoughtfulness and support of the hospital."

The rep continues, "Funds donated on behalf of Kardashian and West will be directed to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Fund which will help care for the most critically ill babies and their families."

"We wish them all the best in the upcoming arrival of their baby."

Babe

Kanye & Kim r great wishing u both the very best and healthily baby!!!!

alex

They could have done this without anyone knowing, so calculating those two. Come on, tmz! Call them out! Def getting kardashian kick backs for these stories.

skankpig

I agree w/ @dummy-
Sort of hard to change your image when you've been defecated and pissed on by everyone with a johnson.

tracker

I remember when HERO was reserved for the fearless who ran into burning building..the boston folks running to grab and carry the injured out to ambulances,because they could not get down the streets THE COPS WHO CAUGHT THE BAD GUYS IN LESS THAN A WEEK, HARVEY THIS IS WHERE YOU AND I PART WAYS...YOU USED TO BE A NICE GUY NOW...I'M EMBARRASSED FOR YOU..HOLD ON TIGHT TO THE KKK'S IT'S ALL YOU HAVE LEFT..

JW

Oh my God, something a Kardashian and Kanye West did something not self-promoting, well, the way this sounds, yes, it is kind of self-promoting. On the surface, of course it seems like a kind gesture, however, does it pass the smell test, that is a different issue. Maybe if they had done it anonymously....someone explain the meaning of the word to them.

Cecilia

If it's legit, good for them. Publicity, tax write-off, or not - it's a good deed and kids will be helped.

MAX

i gotta say lil kimmy isnt that bad with 10 pounds of makeup on by kayne , dam he's one ugalee mofo as uglee as j zee

Kendra

I don't care what the motive, if the life of one baby is saved then its all good. As the mom of a preemie you don't care where the help comes from as long as the help comes.

arealrascal

The PR machine up and be-bopping! TMZ - the publicists' best friend!

static

If the hospital knew how polarizing these two are they may not be so happy about their support.

GBeach

I personally can't stand either one of them. Both of them disgust me. Having said that, even though I agree, its all PR, if any amount of money is donated to the hospital for the NICU, its great. THEY are not the hero's, the doctors and nurses on staff who help the babies are the true heros. Spoken from a mom who had a newborn in the NICU unit of my local hospital.

Fred Farkel

I am trying to have a problem with this but I can't.

Maria

Good for them!!!

Maria

Why should anyone care "why" Kim and Kanye are doing it, there are a lot of children and parents who will benefit from their generosity.

SamanthaStaats

Kim's thought process: Maybe if I pretend that I care about sick children America won't hate me anymore. Reality: No.