'Naked and Afraid'

Snake Eats Producer's Foot

5/2/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0501-naked-affraid-snake-bite
This may be the most disturbing thing you see in the month of May ... a deadly snake bit a TV producer in the foot ... and the damage is bone-chilling -- literally and figuratively.

WARNING:  If you have a weak stomach ... DO NOT CLICK HERE.

The zombie foot belongs to Steve Rankin ... a producer on the upcoming Discovery show "Naked and Afraid," which drops 2 nude survivalists in remote locations and films their struggle to stay alive.

Rankin tells TMZ ... "I was scouting locations in Costa Rica ... As I was traversing through some deep jungle I was bitten on the foot by a Fer-de-Lance. It's one of the deadliest snakes in the world and the fangs went right through my boot."

0501-fer-de-lance-2-1
Rankin says his team hustled him for 2 miles on a makeshift stretcher, drove to a helipad and had him airlifted to a San Jose hospital ... where he got antivenom and antibiotics. But things went horribly wrong ...

"About 5 days later the flesh in my foot had started to rot," he said ... surgeons in Costa Rica had to cut away a serious chunk of it ... he was then rushed back to L.A. for skin grafts. He says he's recovering nicely now.

IwuvTMZ

That's ssssssssscary.

Mick

One word: Steel Toe

OH NO!

These survivalist show morons are retarded. Find a better way to make a living.

NOT ELMO

He is Very Very Lucky He didn't need a Metal Leg as a Replacement....................And Speaking Of Metal Body Parts, IronMan 3 in 2D, 3D, IMAX and IMAX 3D and in JAPAN in 4D is going to make $6OO Million Dollars by this Monday May 6 and over $1.1 Billion Dollars in Total....

Soiled Midget Panties

Oh my soiled midget panties, I wish I didn't click that... 'cause I fapped HARD and violently to it.

Hollywood

Looked a lot better than I first imagined. Still wicked gross.

Good riddance!

Yeah, that'll leave a mark... OUCH!!!

BabaBooey

That snake showed him. Guess I now know to put lightweight metal plates in my boots if I ever explore a jungle.

Marge

Exactly what is TRULY HORRIBLE...some exposed bones? Meat-eaters don't seem so sensitive about seeing the bones of their meal...

Canada Guy

Ok, 2 things here...If he is a "naked survivalist" why was he wearing boots, and secondly...who the flippin' heck would watch a show like that?

crystals

OMG I LOOKED AT THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!

LisaL

Wow, that photo is, just wow. So weird how clean the bones look.
Scary that one bite can cause that much damage.

Kay

That wound had been cleaned and disinfected. The real "before" pictures would be much worse. Anyway, it's nice that he is recovering.

Selden83

I admit I was curious to see the bite, and I cant un see that. My god, visible tendons.

Cricket

Another stupid "reality " idea. I'm glad he's recovering though,. Best wishes.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments