Slayer

Guitarist DEAD at 49

5/2/2013 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0501_jeff-hanneman_gettyMonstrous thrash-metal guitar hero and founding member of Slayer Jeff Hanneman has died of liver failure ... TMZ has confirmed. He was 49.

Reps for the legendary axeman said Hanneman was in a hospital near his SoCal home when his liver failed around 11 a.m.

The punk-influenced thrasher was a major part of Slayer's songwriting ... contributing lyrics and music on each of their albums ... including songs "Raining Blood," "War Ensemble" and "Seasons in the Abyss."

Hanneman and fellow Slayer guitarist Kerry King formed Slayer when both were auditioning for the same band in 1981 ... and decided to start their own.

Hanneman is survived by wife Kathy, sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry.

RIP.

0502_Jeff_Hanneman_remembering_footer

Jeffrey dauhmer

666 satin welcomes him home...f*%jn junkie..Ai+skilled the f@g.

str8edgewriter

At least he (slowly) killed himself, whereas rappers kill others (and a normal citizen's eardrums with their garbage "music"). I'd rather die w awesome tunes and a shot liver than terrible music and "sizzurp". Talking to you, Lil Wayne and the rest of the nonsense "artists" that appeal to the unemployable.

q

R.I.P.

Lucky_130

I love how I am a clown for talking about Hell, but yet thats what this band sung about. Hell Awaits retards!

War Ensemble

I only known this from my frends txt message. I;m also shocked to know this. I hope Kerry King is regretful for ditching Jeff & Dave.
RIP Jeff. \m/

War Ensemble

I only known this from my frends txt message. I was also shocked aside from Dave Lombardo's departure . I hope Kerry is regretful for ditching them both away.
RIP Jeff. We will miss u. \m/

greeknyc

49? he looks like he's 69! rough rocker life...

Jimmy Russel

Looks like the Slayer... has been Slain!

feedthepig222@gmail.com

Remember people were here for only a moment

Gretel

Is the guy in that picture only 49?

billybob

a truly gifted and talented guitar player, an icon of trash metal, ... hope that Slayer will continue...RIP

DASWOLF13

The liver failure was from complications of necrotizing fasciitis he got from a venomous spider bite last year. Not hepatitis you ignorant dip****s. This man directly or indirectly influenced every EVERY metal band (of any sub genre) that came after, he left a musical legacy while you ignorant dildos only leave "witty" comments. Huge loss to the heavy music world and my heartfelt thanks and condolences go out to him and his family.

The Memorium Team

Rest in peace Angel of Death Jeff Hanneman. One of the best shredders who ever lived. Made him an online memorial here: http://www.thememorium.com/Memorials/JeffHanneman

victor

SLAYER will never die while one single true fan remains... long live to Jeff, SLAYER is 4ever!!!!

Lenny overholt

Sad day in the metal world. R.I.P.