Reese Witherspoon

Arrest in ATL Was Just

'One of Those Nights'

5/2/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050213_reese_witherspoon_gma_launchReese Witherspoon said she and her husband exercised "poor judgment" on the night they were both arrested in Atlanta and says an incident like that will "never happen again."

In her first interview since the arrest in Atlanta on April 19, Reese told George Stephanopoulos of "Good Morning America" that she and hubby Jim Toth had "one too many glasses of wine" at dinner and thought they were "fine to drive."

Clearly they weren't ... and Witherspoon was arrested for disorderly conduct after she mouthed off to the police officer who was arresting her husband for DUI.

As for the infamous "Do you know my name?" ... Reese admitted, "I had no idea what I was saying."

Truth

MEHHH.... NICCCE ACTING JOB, LAME ANSWERS. SUCH A FAKE ASS. SEE HER TWITCHING AND JERKING AROUND. THE BITCH IS STILL HIGH - SHE'S A FUNCTIONING ADDICT. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

latestdiets.net

her chin made her do it.

KSB24

I still love the hell out of her! Even with the arrest, she is still classy. A real woman doesn't lie, and owns up to her mistakes (which she hasn't had what one? in her whole career?) She had an "oopsy" and clearly learned from it, and is handling it the way any person should. More than I can say for most of the other actors in trouble...ahem...lohan...

newsjunkie69

She could have killed someone. Why didn't George the idiot grill her? She doesn't deserve a pass.

Dobby

You know, going on Oprah and apologizing and "owning it" when you were stupid was one thing, but stay off of GMA and Today with your attempts at salvaging an already mediocre career. We know who you are, we just want to forget. You're not that big a deal. Just some doctor's little girl who dabbles in romantic comedies. That's all you are, Reese, and all you ever will be. It's downhill from here on out.

alcoholtoo

WoW! Why if we did something wrong lets blame to ALCOHOL or MENTALLY SICK !!! damn thats lowest excuse ... I hate it we need to forgive people of they use those two words . Reese stop using those excuse coz you know what ypur doing because you can still answer back to the police BECAUSE YOU STILL WHO IN THE HELL YOU ARE , yeah we all make mistake but dont blame things with ALCOHOL what you just did ... '

Dee

LMAO...she knew what she was saying. She's just so friggin' embarrassed that it did no good, she's now trying to play it off.

*Annette*

Never say never one can't predict the future she really shouldn't drink at all sounds like mean drunk ;)

Kookla

"It was just one of those nights???' Are you kidding me??? The more this woman speaks the more she revels what an airhead ditsy bimbo she is

fooferthedog

Just one of those nights out drinking making her problem other peoples problems, putting families at risk, and cost taxpayers money.

wendyarb

I don't get why these celebrities that have so much money, can't get themselves a driver? GET A DRIVER DUMB-ASSES!!!

Politico Pablo

A lame attempt at spin control. Just admit you acted like a real, rhymes w/ witch, and move on.

E

Ah, finally showing her true colors. What a hypocrite.

messygirl

Bull****. You can't say you just had a few too many glasses of wine but thought you were fine to drive AND say "I had no idea what I was saying..." Um, no. If you claim you were barely drunk, you can't also claim that the alcohol made you have no idea what you were saying. Also...drunk words are sober thoughts. The truth comes out when you've been drinking.

obvious

Yeah we weer just drinking and driving hand just happen to run over a few kids...I think...I can't remember I had one to many to drink. I don't give a shot.. hmmm maybe it was a child in a wheel chair?. Reese you won't be talking your way out of this bad pr. Do you k.ow who

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments