Reese Witherspoon

Arrest in ATL Was Just

'One of Those Nights'

5/2/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050213_reese_witherspoon_gma_launchReese Witherspoon said she and her husband exercised "poor judgment" on the night they were both arrested in Atlanta and says an incident like that will "never happen again."

In her first interview since the arrest in Atlanta on April 19, Reese told George Stephanopoulos of "Good Morning America" that she and hubby Jim Toth had "one too many glasses of wine" at dinner and thought they were "fine to drive."

Clearly they weren't ... and Witherspoon was arrested for disorderly conduct after she mouthed off to the police officer who was arresting her husband for DUI.

As for the infamous "Do you know my name?" ... Reese admitted, "I had no idea what I was saying."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

obvious

I am? Hiccup

mcf

Tool.

BlizzardBill

Atlanta, GA....Come For Vacation....Leave on Probation.

Angee

"Do you know who I am"??? Who in the hell does she think she is. Just cause shes an actress doesn't make her any better then anyone famous or not famous. There not gonna drop there stuff and bow down to her and let them pass the test just cause shes "famous." famous people don't rule the world. Shes ridiculous... Ive never liked her

Pat

Reese: Why don't you just shut your damn mouth and let it be over?

K

It did seem very rehearsed and I'm not completely convinced she feels contrite as much as she's embarrassed that her behavior was publicly exposed all over the Internet. It would have seemed more genuine if she'd actually stated one lesson she learned - she didn't name one lesson. How about, "I learned that nobody is above the law." That would have gone a long way. Nonetheless, it took guts for her to go on national TV and own up to having messed up and not make excuses for it. I think she and her husband are smart people and recognize that the public is more willing to forgive if you at least admit and own up to your mistakes. A lot of us have driven after having too much to drink at least once. In a strange way, it made them seem more normal, but I never understand these multimillionaire celebrities who don't just hire a driver for the night when they go out drinking! It would be the first thing I'd do if I were a celebrity -- after buying a great outfit for a night on the town ;-)

theateam

I heart Reese! No matter what!

marlee5574

Mistakes happen, it's how you deal with it that counts. She took full responsibility for her actions. Good for her, let's all move on and forgive her.

Cynical

All Reese had to do was pay $213 and her all her husband got was 40 hours of community service. Will he or she drive drunk again? Probably!

It was laughable when she asked the police officer if he knew who she was. Only someone with a narcissistic personality does that. You didn't hear her husband shouting, "Do you know who my wife is!" He's the normal one in this marriage. She, on the other hand, is a washed up, self-centered, bad actress.

Just Sayin

Chin up, Reese! Haters gonna hate.

Jen

She sounded drunk, not tipsy, to me. She wasn't raging, she was just calmly stating some very ignorant things.

She should just explain the truth and say in Hollywood you do get used to a certain lifestyle and at your worst it can come out and make you reconsider your own thought patterns. Done. THAT easy.

John

Everyone that knows Reese Witherspoon says she has a type A personality. That is simply a fancy way of saying she is a bitch.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5