« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

NBA Star and Mom

In Bitter Legal Battle

5/3/2013 6:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0503_kobe_pam_bryant_tmz_getty
Kobe Bryant
is in a tooth-and-nail fight with his mother over some priceless basketball memorabilia, including his 1998 All Star ring.

Seems Kobe's mom, Pamela Bryant, made a deal with Goldin Auctions to sell hoards of Kobe's bball swag, including a 2000 All Star game signed ball, game and practice jerseys from his days at Lower Merion High School, a Lakers jacket and shorts, trophies, his varsity high school letters and lots of other stuff.

According to a lawsuit ... obtained by TMZ ... the auction house gave Pamela a $450,000 advance, which she says will be used immediately to buy a new home.  According to the lawsuit, Pamela told the auction house Kobe gave her all the stuff outright 5 years ago.

But Kobe has beef, claiming he's the owner of the stuff and he's trying to block the auction.

So a fearful Goldin Auctions has gone to court, naming Kobe as the defendant and asking a judge to declare Pamela the owner of the goods.

A judge has yet to rule.

0413_kobe_bryant_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carmen

From what I read on other sites Kobe's mom and dad are still together. Kobe and his mother patched up their relationship couple of years back. Actually his dad was more angrier at him than his mother. Whatever's going on in their relationship hopefully they can come to some agreement. I'm sure he loves his mom. You only get one mom in this life. Cherish her.

Brian

Kobe should just trade a new house for his stuff if that's why she's doing this. Not hard to solve this problem.

asha

You guys have no idea whats really going on. Everyones mother is not stellar, especially when money is involved. Maybe she blows through money and he has her on allowance. Maybe shes not happy with that. So she wants to get back at him. Its not like she used the money to pay off debt or back taxes. She wanted a bigger house. Maybe he was like mom the house you have is fine. Not giving you money for another house. You never know.

asha

asha

She is not homeless. She wanted "another" house. He offered her 250 but she wanted more. If she was struggling she would not need a 500k home. Why would you buy someone a 500k home when they cant afford the upkeep. She is supposed to get 1.5 million in all from this deal. She is using him as a cash cow.

nhutran

his mother raised him, and he took her to court for this? He should purchase it from her with double price. He has so much money, half of it he shared with his wife. I bet his wife's idea for bringing his mom to court. I have no respect for this man. He's a s***bag, irresponsible child. He and his wife are parents, they should know how hard it is to take care children. His action toward his mother is evil. He's such a s***bag! dirty words can't describe enough of his action. I wish he die soon and his career die soon.

scott

Her husband is supposed to take care of her NOT her child. Black women, your son is NOT your husband. He owes noting to his mother.

KB

Just take care of your mom! I've been following the Lakers since 1968 and your'e the biggest a-hole I can ever remember playing for them. I'll be glad when your selfish ass retires. Too bad Wilt Chamberlain isn't around to knock some sense into you.

kmet

Kobe doesn't owe her anything. Heck his dad was in the NBA and she has money. now she is selling his stuff? She never got his permission to sell anything of his or enter into an agreement with anyone. Yeah, I would sue her. I she didn't take care to manage her money in the twilight years, then too bad. I assist her but she I am not treating her like she was my wife. Thanks crazy

Tolbert

As a parent, I would have to be in dire straits to take anything from my kids. The money Jelly Bean Bryant has made in the NBA and else where, why does she need to sell her son's invaluable memorabilia?

Pedro Bundol

Kobe you are worth millions. Your memorabilia would not have existed if you were not born. The mere fact that your mother will be using the money to buy a house shows your true character. You maybe high on my list as top twenty players in NBA history but last in the character department.

Walter Banks

Kobe's Mom Robbed Him and Sueing him and The Women Are Agreeing With The Mom????? Smh....Im Sorry If My Mom Sold My Stuff Without My Consent She Would Not Get A Dime Out of Me.....Yes If i see my Mom Strugling I Will Give Out Of my Heart To Help But If My Mom Robed Me That Just Goes To Show That She Is Not Worth Or Deserving of Help...Damm All Kobe's Mom Had To Do Was Just ask!! Im Shure Kobe Would Have helped Out But No She Robbed Him....Smh...

sue brown

not a good look for K.(and btw- mom needs make up advice)

abby

WOW! You're suing your OWN mother? What kind of crap is that? If he would've taken care of her, she wouldn't have auctioned his things. If I was rich I would give my mother EVERYTHING! Kobe would rather take care of his gold digger wife than his mom. What a shame

Volan

How are a lot of you defending the mother like you are? She is married to a former professional ball player. She has a lifestyle and a home already. We all know Kobe has a big ego and you think he ever wanted those trophies sold? My brother has a successful business while I make 40k a year. He should buy me a $200k home bc I am tired of my $100k home right? Someone works hard for his money and he should give it away because someone has a want and not a need?