Kris Kross Funeral

Daddy Mac Breaks Down

'I Know Chris Is in Heaven'

5/9/2013 10:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050913_chris_kelly_funeral_v2_launch

Kris Kross rapper Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith broke down in tears today during the funeral for his former KK partner Chris Kelly -- telling the congregation, "It's been like a struggle for me every day ... I know Chris is in heaven."

During the service, which took place at a Baptist church in Atlanta, Smith said, "He was a true friend ... I just wanna say I love you man ... and I'm gonna miss you dearly."

He added, "My life  ... it ain't ever gonna be the same, but I just hope our legacy for hip-hop is never forgotten. I'm gonna do my part to make sure Chris' legacy will live on."

The funeral was filled with Chris Kelly's famous friends -- including R&B singer Keke Wyatt and the members of Xscape, all of whom performed songs.

Jermaine Dupri
and rapper Da Brat were also present. Da Brat was wearing her pants backwards as a tribute to the dead rapper.

0509-da-brat-dennis-bryon-chris-kelly-tmz
As we reported, Chris was pronounced dead last Wednesday after his body was found unresponsive in his Georgia home. His mother told police he'd been doing a mixture of cocaine and heroin the night before, and had an "extensive history of drug use."

Chris -- AKA "Mac Daddy" -- was 34.

0509_chris_kelly_funeral_photos_launch

Lucky_130

How retarded, I completely forgot about this irrelevant 90s pop duo till this guy kicked the bucket a few days ago

Truth

OPEN CASKET?? VERRRY SMART... THAT ELIMINATES SNITCHES FROM SELLING PICS TO THE ENQUIRER LIKE THEY DID WHITNEY. #TRUTH!!

Jody

Showing no respect whatsoever dressing that way. You have to wonder how some of these idiots were raised.

shay

Omg! TMZ--- DID YOU REALLY PUT THIS PICTURE UP??? COME ON YOU'VE HIT AN ALL TIME LOW HARVEY, EXPLOITING THE DEATH OF CHRIS KELLY IS WRONG NOT ONLY TO HIM BUT TO HIS FAMILY! YOU COULD OF TOLD THIS STORY WITH OUT A PICTURE OF HIS DEAD BODY. SMH YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER IM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN TMZ FOR THIS ONE!

msbrandon924

R.I.P. GOD BLESS!!

shewentwhoa

Why are they idolizing someone who died of a drug overdose.

Eric

Thank you God for what really. The addiction or the early death. Or the poeple who will milk this for all of the attention that they can. Don't blame TMZ, it's not like they snuck the cameras in. These people hit the death lottery and got another few minutes of fame.

Chris

Perfect target for a drone strike.

Elsa

Its not over till the cankled woman sings.

Carlitos

reddit.com/r/atheism - there is no god. This is freakin ridiuclous

Erik

This is pretty extensive coverage for something that probably very few people give a **** about.

mousetrap

Good Lord, that singing could wake the dead. Where is the mute button.

damienevil

a lot of his friends and family showed up dressed as empty seats

Lovely

what in hell is da brat wearing to the funeral tho??? smh

fujow

I'd like to know if westboro Baptist church showed up like they said they would?