Kris Kross Funeral

Daddy Mac Breaks Down

'I Know Chris Is in Heaven'

5/9/2013 10:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050913_chris_kelly_funeral_v2_launch

Kris Kross rapper Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith broke down in tears today during the funeral for his former KK partner Chris Kelly -- telling the congregation, "It's been like a struggle for me every day ... I know Chris is in heaven."

During the service, which took place at a Baptist church in Atlanta, Smith said, "He was a true friend ... I just wanna say I love you man ... and I'm gonna miss you dearly."

He added, "My life  ... it ain't ever gonna be the same, but I just hope our legacy for hip-hop is never forgotten. I'm gonna do my part to make sure Chris' legacy will live on."

The funeral was filled with Chris Kelly's famous friends -- including R&B singer Keke Wyatt and the members of Xscape, all of whom performed songs.

Jermaine Dupri
and rapper Da Brat were also present. Da Brat was wearing her pants backwards as a tribute to the dead rapper.

0509-da-brat-dennis-bryon-chris-kelly-tmz
As we reported, Chris was pronounced dead last Wednesday after his body was found unresponsive in his Georgia home. His mother told police he'd been doing a mixture of cocaine and heroin the night before, and had an "extensive history of drug use."

Chris -- AKA "Mac Daddy" -- was 34.

0509_chris_kelly_funeral_photos_launch

rob

Really a shame that this young man is in a coffin because of the bad choices he has made in his life that could have been reversed if he stayed of the pipe......Damn Tiny looks a hot mess. Ugly woman I'm sorry and hate saying that about people.

Fred Farkel

who??

Ray

why why why he basically killed his own stupid butt, not they way you earn your golden ticket

jeff

So glad everyone mourns now knowing he was on a spiral... and.. what the hell are these goons wearing to a funeral.. lol

kat40

TMZ has no class wow why in the **** would you sneak in a church and record this wow what jackasses

Bobbi

geeez, TMZ! THe last paragraph you state that "Mac Daddy" is one that died, not Chris Kelly.

August

How come the 12-Step religious AA/NA cult's "HIGHER POWER" didn't do its HIGHER POWER thingy and save him?

BlaqueButterfly888

R.I.P. Kris
I wish this live feed would stop jumping so much and going in & out

Heather

RIP Chris Kelly

tariq

Apparently you don't understand too well the psyche of people who are consumed with hate.

Surprise

I wish I didn't watch that. That was so sad. Allteary eyed at work. RIP young man.

VictoriaGirl

Hey "Da Brat", wearing jeans to a funeral is incredibly disrespectful.

KartrashianKow

I dont feel sorry for anyone who dies by their own hands using illegal drugs.

noel

I don't know about that. I think you have to behave yourself when your alive in order to go to heaven. He wasn't and evil guy, I don't think he's in hell. He's just dead and gone, very sad. It's not judgmental, just truth. You either believe and follow the word of God, or you don't. I choose to believe.

shanice

Why the HELL do you have photos of Chris in his coffin? You have stooped to a new low, TMZ. I don't mind the photos of Farrah's grand canyon but those funeral photos are morbid and sad.