Kanye West

MELTDOWN

Goes Berserk on Pap After Smashing Head on Sign

5/10/2013 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So much for a cooler, calmer Kanye ...

West just emerged from a restaurant in L.A. and exploded on a photog -- not a TMZ guy -- screaming at the cameraman to stop taking photos, ASAP.

Minutes before the incident, Kanye had banged his head into a metal sign while trying to hide his face from a pack of paparazzi ... and blamed it on the snappers.

West restrained himself from going after the paps in the moments after the head-slamming, only to emerge from the eatery minutes later ... even angrier than he was before.

The pap told West he had just arrived on the scene -- and meant no harm.

West eventually turned around and went back into the restaurant. It's unclear if Kanye ever laid a hand on the photog.

Inhale, exhale ...

mousetrap

For anyone who has ever knocked their head really hard, it makes you instantly angry when someone rushes to comfort you. I don't know why. It is like a phenomenon. But people get angry as f**k when they have been knocked hard in the head and then someone starts fussing over them. If someone knocks their head hard, back off for a little before rushing up and putting your hands all over them. With that said, don't anyone blame this on the paps. These people live off the paps. Especially Kim. That is her bread and butter. They love it. Actually, as goofy as Kayne can be, I put him several pegs above Kim. I am not sure what he is doing with her.

taz

He must have been a fun little boy to raise.

Lurker

Who cares about this d-bag?

dale12

Reminds me of "Don't Tass Me Bro."

jakesimmons

I thought you were a so called "God"...if that was true..why didn't you take the photographer with one hand...take off to space (superman stunt) and leave the guy in some other planet...then come back to earth and keep eating your lunch like nothing happen....you wouldn't even have to tell that ORCA a thing...cause obviously you are a "God" and that could just take you like 5 seconds.....maybe 10 seconds so you can wipe out your tears from this horrific event LMAO

Cami

Great soon to be father.

Mixmas

"If you want me to leave ill leave kanye" he says as he continues to follow him, still taking his picture. Lol

David

Did he manage to hit that first ?

joe joe

"Not a TMZ Guy" Yet you have the footage on TMZ

Tammy

The pap was acting like Kanye bit&^. I bet he would want them to take his photos if he had something to promote.

Country fan

I'm no Kanye fan, but I'd flip my ****, too, if I couldn't go anywhere without inconsiderate ***** flapping their lenses at me repeatedly. Paparazzi is one **** profession.

lanie

Kanye hooked up with the biggest media wh**e around. Nick Lachey said when they went on a date - he later figured out that she called the paps to tip them off..

------

You dug your own grave, Kanye.. and now Kim's got you for "18 years, 18 years ...She got one of your kids, got you for 18 years"...

Truth

Daaaayyyummm, that hit in the head dint knock any sense into him. Role of PSYCO played by KimYe, the black edition. #TRUTH!!

mamanelle5

This is one sick man.......................he needs to be in a sanitarium................................he's one nut case.......I despised him from the night he pulled that crap on Taylor Swift.

Cassius

Somebody should prank this paparazzi by following them around with a camera just so they know how it feels