Kanye West

MELTDOWN

Goes Berserk on Pap After Smashing Head on Sign

5/10/2013 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So much for a cooler, calmer Kanye ...

West just emerged from a restaurant in L.A. and exploded on a photog -- not a TMZ guy -- screaming at the cameraman to stop taking photos, ASAP.

Minutes before the incident, Kanye had banged his head into a metal sign while trying to hide his face from a pack of paparazzi ... and blamed it on the snappers.

West restrained himself from going after the paps in the moments after the head-slamming, only to emerge from the eatery minutes later ... even angrier than he was before.

The pap told West he had just arrived on the scene -- and meant no harm.

West eventually turned around and went back into the restaurant. It's unclear if Kanye ever laid a hand on the photog.

Inhale, exhale ...

Uncle Rufus

"If you want me to LEEEEVE, I'll LEEEEEVE Mr. Kanye...I can go home to my FAT WIFE, & 12 keeeeds Mr. Kanye, Ok, I LEEEEEEEVE"

Bella

Hey Prick if you don't want your photo taken then don't knock up a Kardashians or get drunk and embarrass yourself onstage while taking an award away from a teenage girl. Put your big girl pants on or else move to Europe.

Roman Moroni

Typical ain't it - roll OJ

my 2 cents

He needs to tell Kim to stop calling the paps

Minnetonka40

If Kanye wanted privacy along with the fame and fortune the public gave him?? Then he shouldn't of knocked up Kim Kardashian. The guy may be a good artist, but he is just plain old stupid and hot headed. Smell the reality around you Kanye!!! Get use to it. Don't be mad at anyone but yourself!

steak man

Kenye, The price of being a celeb. You can always go back to the hood and sell drugs if you don't like it.

Clair

I felt bad for him after watching him smack his head on the sign, but after watching this display of misplaced aggression, I now return to thinking he's a jerk.

LISA

Just wait til the baby comes! I think he needs to take a yoga class - the guy has definite impulse control issues. Kimmy is such a lucky girl, lols!

A viewer

Big, ugly, spoiled brat. He signed up for the gig, it's the price he pays. He wants fame, he's got it, photogs and all. I think he just didn't get enough attention in the restaurant, so he wanted to make a stink so people would notice who he is. Yuck!

azneck1

HaHa! **** Kanye.

Matt

poor guy,life must be incredibly hard for the ridiculously stupid.

tamara

"Don't take another photo"??? ROTFLMAO
I guess he didn't get the memo.

Marilyn

I feel sorry if his child ever gets him angry.
Will be a real future child abuser.
Kim better appease him all the time or she
will end up a punching bag urine loving hag.

TheEric

If you don't want your pic taken, maybe you should avoid beverly hills...dip****

Grammi

Why do even care what this obnoxious ******* is doing anymore?