Angie Everhart

I Have Thyroid Cancer

5/13/2013 9:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0513_angie_everhart

Former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Angie Everhart has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer ... and will undergo surgery tomorrow, this according to Everhart's rep.

"Word has been trickling out about [Angie's] health," the rep told "Extra" ... "[Angie] wants to set the record straight by letting everyone know that it is true that she has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer, however, the prognosis is very good."

The rep adds, "[Angie] will undergo surgery tomorrow and expects to be back to work and to mommy duties in a few weeks."

Everhart's rep says ... the model hopes releasing the information about her health will "encourage people to learn about cancer prevention, its signs and treatment immediately.”

Cindy

I don't understand all the hoopla about this. My daughter was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer at 15 and she is doing just fine. She is now 28.

jefferson1962

I had thyroid cancer in 1986, had my thyroid removed and had three treatments with radioactive iodine over the next year and a half. Any kind of cancer is scary but fortunately thyroid cancer is very treatable and curable. Also, I think Brooke burns on DWTS was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had a thyroidectomy and she looks better than ever!! Good Luck, Angie!

Comanchegurl

Good luck girl

lanie

I haven't seen or heard anything about this broad in YEARS! Only remember her from dating Sly Stallone.. Where exactly was her health issues "trickling out"? I haven't heard anything about her, period.. much less about her health issues..

Anyway, I hope she gets better soon..

jim

Good luck, stay away from Sloan Kettering in NYC if at all possible and never lower your guard against anyone, especially at Sloan who only cares about covering for each other

MADELEINE

I WISH HER WELL.
IF SHE LIVES IN CALIFORNIA.......THE THYROID CANCER COULD HAVE COME FROM THE RADIATION FROM JAPAN.....NO JOKE.

EVERYONE IN CALIFORNIA IS AT RISK.

jefferson1962

Good luck, Lauren. As I said in my comment a moment ago, I had a total thyroidectomy that also destroyed my parathyroid glands. I received a total 221 millicuries of radioactive iodine to destroy any remaining thyroid tissue. I take a thyroid replacement pill every morning and have to take supplemental calcium since my parathyroid was destroyed as well. I was 23 then and 50 now. Hang in there

Raejean

I'm sorry to hear this but I'm told thyroid cancer is highly survivable if caught early. I hope that is the case and that she makes a good recovery.

rita003

seems when we call models actress

Lora

Best of luck. I have had thyroid cancer x3 and am doing well. It's not the kind of cancer that will kill you for a long long time and that's when it's untreated.

MikeUSMCRET

Best of luck in beating this Angie!! God Bless! and Semper Fi!

Marie

Luckily, what she has is very treatable. My twin sister has/had exact same thing, and, thank God is perfectly healthy. Just the word alone, is horrific- but, odds are with her! I pray all goes well! And, for Michael, who commented, "I'd do her"...if you werent such a sad, pathetic, lowlife, loser- Id (almost) feel sorry for you. Am going to assume you're either 10, or, mentally challenged!

buggajogirl

God Bless Her. I have severe thyroid problems too but thank God not cancer, so far.

laney

Those damn cancer. They are the bane of our times.,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3