'Dark Knight' Shooter

I'm Not Guilty ...

Because I'm Insane

5/13/2013 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0401_james_holmes_01
James Holmes
-- the monster behind the gruesome "Dark Knight" massacre last year -- has just entered a not guilty plea ... by reason of insanity.

A plea of not guilty had previously been entered on Holmes' behalf back in March by the judge because Holmes' lawyers weren't prepared to plead for him at the time.

The judge will decide whether to accept Holmes' new plea by May 28th.

Holmes killed 12 people and injured an additional 58 during the Aurora, Colorado shooting last July. He is charged with 142 crimes, including 24 1st degree murder counts, and 116 counts of attempted murder.

Prosecutors announced last month they would be seeking the death penalty.

Catherine

OH HELL NO !!!!!!. Any one who planned out to the smallest detail can not plea CRAZY. To booby trap the door of his apartment and to write letters to Teachers telling of his desires.

NO, This Man need to be burned to a crisp and have his ashes mixed in concreat to fill in the hole they bury him in.
He has to own it face the fact he killed innocent people who only wanted to watch a silly movie.

Jimmy Russel

Murica, we make killers wait 10-15 years costing $50k a year before we execute them.

A bullet cost .30c and we know he did it, why isn't this done already?

josie

Yeah he's crazy like a fox. If your insane you don't plan in advance. A cunning and calculated MURDERER is all he is. Justice for his victims, I hope he rots in hell.

lovegarrison

That's why he guilty because he pretending to be insane. This man was a honor student in college. Guess he got tired of his straight lace life, decided going beserk would be more exciting.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

He'll be found criminally insane on the grounds he's white. They always do with the white serial killers.

GTO

They shoot horses, don't they.

Barbarascy

There is no question in my mind that this freak is crazy as a bag of cats. BUT there are different levels of crazy. This a-hole is crazy like a fox. He meticulously planned this attack. He ain't too crazy.

Brando

Of course he's insane just like any other White guy. These people are crazy. They kill without any remorse and then look for excuses or even blame their victims. He's an insane, evil murderer and responsible for his actions. He should not get off with insanity but should spend the rest of his life in jail. Sicko!

Raine

could yall PLEASE quit covering this idiot looking ****. Your coverage is turning him into a celebrity, so every 2 bit idiot misfit is watching this.. and thinking.. wow.. I should go shoot some folks so I can have my 15 mins of fame too.. please stop covering these idiots.

NOT ELMO

Dark Knight' Shooter I'm Not Guilty ...Because I'm Insane.....................SLOW COOK HIM

Rusty Shackleford

of course he's insane.
but he's still guilty.

fran

so but he is sane enough to know he`s insane...hmmmm

Paybacksab*tch

Fry his a$$.

Comanchegurl

I hate this man. I hope he goes to jail cuz I never want to have to walk next to him on the street!!!

Comanchegurl

They should have taken him out when they had the chance. Waste of a trial when u catch them!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments