« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Our Son's

A Liar!!!

5/13/2013 12:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0513_kobe_bryant_parents
Kobe Bryant
's parents have turned their backs on their son -- claiming Kobe was LYING when he accused his mother of stealing more than a million dollars worth of his basketball memorabilia ... and putting it up for auction, TMZ has learned.

Kobe's mom and dad -- Pamela and Joe -- both filed sworn declarations in the legal dispute between Kobe and Goldin Auctions, the auction house planning to sell off the valuable stuff ... insisting Kobe willingly gave his mother the items in question ... and it's her right to sell them.

According to Kobe's dad, Kobe gave his mother the memorabilia over the years, telling her, "Here mom, these are for you." Kobe's mom insists she never took anything from him without permission.

Even Kobe's grandma has filed a declaration in support of Pamela.

Kobe's sister Sharia Washington, on the other hand, filed a declaration claiming their mother has been conspiring to sell Kobe's stuff for years ... telling her the family could profit greatly from Kobe's stardom.

As we reported, Kobe has countersued, claiming his mother stole the memorabilia from his house.

He wants to stop Goldin from selling the items and to have them returned to him. A judge has blocked the auction, but only for now.

So we gotta ask ...

1129_kobe_ballin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Minnetonka40

If I won the lottery today I wouldn't feel like i owed my parent's but I would make sure they are even richer than me. If I got rich right out of High School I would never let my folks down. Seems to me Vanessa is doing a little mouth running to Kobe.

rlemons

I think it's trashy they would sell his stuff and also put up a fight saying they were given to them. Even if they were gifts if he doesn't want u to sell them then don't.

St James III

I think he gave her the stuff but didn't want her selling it. So he'd rather have the stuff back than her selling it.

Katcedes

It doesn't matter if his mom thinks the stuff is hers or not. I think she is disgusting for trading pieces of her son's life just to get a bigger house. Perhaps it is her lack of maternal priorities that has caused all the bad blood.

Michaela

It's obvious, that all of these memorabilia initially belonged to Kobe. It's his name on them, not his mother's.

And unless his mother can prove that they now belong to her, I think it'd be a difficult case for her to win.

HoTMZ

He gave a multi million dollar mansion in Newport Beach to Vanessa's greedy mother but only a $500,000 budget to his parents? His wife s sucking him dry.

KnuckleDragger

Of course the parents are lying. When you give items like these to your parents...they don't sell them off. What a clusterf*ck that family is!

Sue

I think with his injury and rumors of retirement they want to get as much out of the cash cow before its too late, and it is really sad for them to do this to him, and Grandma too dang.

Panda

Kobe is lying by saying his mother stole the items. I'm sure what has happened is over the years Kobe has given his mother things from his career, the things mothers keep. He gave them to her not suspecting that she'd be a cold hearted bitch and try to turn around and make a profit. That's where the problem is.

justsayin'

Shame on you Kobe for turning your back on your parents, but giving the world to your wife and mother-in-law? Shame, shame, shame on you! This is not about who's lying TMZ, this is about and obvious breakdown of a family system and to me, that is what is truly sad.

Bubba Ganoosh

Kobe, just buy your mom the damn house and this all goes away. You bought Vanessa's mom a $3.2M crib in Newport and you cant buy your mom, the woman who pushed your big ass head out of her **** 34 years ago a $450K house in Vegas?

WhatThe

People don't get that they are fighting over a vacation home that the Mom wants in Las Vegas. Kobe was buying her a $400K vacation home in but she wants it to be more than a million. He has bought Multi Million dollars home for his parents. They just want more and more.

Carmen

I knew once daddy Joe Bryant returned from Thailand all hell would break lose. Kobe Bryant 's dad does not hold back. It's sad that it has gotten this far. I don't believe his mom is a thief. Why didn't Kobe sue her years ago to get his stuff back? Also two championship rings belong to his mom and dad. He had the rings specially made for them. I hope he resolves this because his actions will come back to hunt him with his own daughters. Karma is a b****.

mary

he thought his mother loved him more than money. he was wrong!

mary

just maybe he did what other kids do and gave her the items because he thought she would value the hard work he put into getting them. he never thought she would sell them, he thought she would keep with pride of a regular mom. he was wrong, no matter how you look at this, she valued money our his memories. shows what is important to her.