Bill Hader

Leaving 'SNL'

WHO WILL REVIEW NYC'S HOTTEST CLUBS?

5/14/2013 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0514_bill_hader
Sayonara Stefon ... Bill Hader has announced he's leaving "Saturday Night Live" ... and this weekend's episode will be his last.

"It was a hard decision, but it has to happen at some point,” Hader told the New York Times ... adding, "It got to a point where I said, ‘Maybe it’s just time to go.'"

Hader has been with the show for the past 8 seasons.

The move is a big loss for the show -- which already lost Andy Samberg and Kristen Wiig last season. Seth Meyers is also set to leave next year, when he takes over "Late Night."

As for Stefon ... we'll miss ya pal.

Joao

SNL cease being funny YEARS ago... these folks claiming anybody on that show is "hilarious" are probably the same folks who actually laugh at those stupid sitcoms with the HORRIBLE "acting". I was stuck watching one of those shows (Big Bang) while at a friend's house and I thought it was a parody of a bad sitcom until my friend said that it serious--I was shocked but not surprised.

HH

Well, that does it for me... Bill Hader is the reason to watch the show....

Nancy

I would love to see SNL do a one hour special on the "best of Stefon"

Catrina

Noooooooo!!!!!!

Catrina

I REALLY wish Kenan would leave..his impressions suck azz and he can't keep a straight face! So annoying..How this guy got a sitcom on NBC is beyond me...

JT

I hate that character. The only thing SNL does in sketches now is having a gay character. That would be fine, but they are always stereotypical. The joke is always that he IS gay. Could've been funny back in 1977, but today? And they have one idea for a sketch and drag the same joke out for 10 minutes. Yikes!

milmil

Didnt he play buckwheat

kitnplayn

Stale. Time for a new style of humour.

JennyLH

I lost all reasons to watch SNL now. Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader are the only people I watched for

Spanky

So funny!!

Dimples87

He's soo funny, and I've been a fan of his all eight seasons. Wish him all the best in his endeavors. Maybe he can bring Stephon and his antics to the movies!

crissyred

giving aspiring comedians a spot and a chance to shine is what SNL is all about, jason sudakis should follow suit and hit the road too!!

MeesHoney

Not really an SNL comment- but this character is soooooooo based on that guy from Lockup on MSNBC who was housed in 'The Drama Ward'. He kept rubbing his hair, covering his mouth, etc. If anyone watches that show, I'm referring to the "Oooooh, you know me girl!" guy. But if you watch Lockup, you wouldn't need me to tell you that, it's so obvious. Nothing wrong with it, I think it's funny. Just an observation. Didn't know if anyone else caught that.

Shelia Barnett

I am sad! Some people leave and make it but more don't. What is the deal? ;(

RunnersHi5