Bill Hader

Leaving 'SNL'

WHO WILL REVIEW NYC'S HOTTEST CLUBS?

5/14/2013 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0514_bill_hader
Sayonara Stefon ... Bill Hader has announced he's leaving "Saturday Night Live" ... and this weekend's episode will be his last.

"It was a hard decision, but it has to happen at some point,” Hader told the New York Times ... adding, "It got to a point where I said, ‘Maybe it’s just time to go.'"

Hader has been with the show for the past 8 seasons.

The move is a big loss for the show -- which already lost Andy Samberg and Kristen Wiig last season. Seth Meyers is also set to leave next year, when he takes over "Late Night."

As for Stefon ... we'll miss ya pal.

your own luck

Bill Hader as Stefon is my most favorite character on SNL. I will really miss him not being on the show and wish him well in future endeavors. Thanks for all the laughs, Bill.

SoWhat

Who cares, SNL hasn't been funny in 20 years. If they canceled the show the only one that would care would be Lorne Michaels.

feinburgrl

Stop watching SNL in the late 90s!

Meanie

Who? Is that **** show still on?

Conchita

I hope this is the right move for him. Besides Stefan his James Carville and role on The Californians showcases his talent. IF YOU READ THIS BILL - YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!

D-INCARNATION

That sucks

johnnymac

Not being a fan of either show, I honestly thought this guy and Rain Wilson from The Office were the same person.

Iphone5

To me after Amy, Tina, and Kristen left the show got dead. I REALLY won't be watching SNL now

mr.howell

He's hilarious!..the best performer on the show!..too bad he's leaving, the show will really suffer now!..it's been getting bad for about the last 13 years,but now it's really done!..maybe he wants to do movies now..good luck Bill.

PokerStar

SNL hasn't been funny since the 80's. Hader did his thang though.

lou

Who

Me

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Ruben

I stinks that Bill Hader’s last show will be this weekend. I’m sure that they will make the show work around him. I will be at DISH working, but I won’t miss it since I set up my DVR to record SNL. While I’m cleaning up the house I usually watch my shows, and having the ability to pause a show in the kitchen, and then continue in the living room with my DISH Hopper helps me stay productive.

David

I must be in the minority here. I never liked "Stefon" and always skipped over his appearances on "Weekend Update". Lorne Michaels, for the love of God, please do not make a Stefon movie!

PT

Samberg wasn't that big a loss. Hader will be a loss, though. Where are you going now, Bill? Hollyrock?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments