Boston Bombing Suspect

Supporter UNLOADS

Pressure Cooker 'Is Way Too Heavy to Carry'

5/14/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

051313_tmz_live_sarah_cook_launch_v2
An ardent supporter of the "Free Dzhokhar Tsarnaev" movement fervently believes the Boston bombing suspect is innocent -- and among her points of defense ... a pressure cooker bomb is "way too heavy" to carry around in a backpack.

Sarah Cook called in to "TMZ Live" yesterday to explain why Dzhokhar is innocent, claiming the mainstream media is unfairly turning the public opinion against the 19-year-old without reporting all the facts.

But Sarah's defense is holier than Swiss cheese -- and her worst argument ... Dzhokhar couldn't have carried a pressure cooker bomb in his backpack because they're "way too heavy."

0513_pressure_cooker_getty_sub

FYI, a pressure cooker bomb weighs roughly 30 pounds ... certainly not out of the realm of possibility for a 19-year-old male.

The interview's pretty great ... so we gotta ask ...

kisstheringfool

Im still not 100% sure he did it

BB not bb

A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. Can you throw that around easily? Now multiply that by 4 times. It is very heavy for anyone unless you are the Incredible Hulk.

A 2.5 gallon jug of spring water weighs 20 lbs. Try to pick that up. It is hard. Try to walk around with two of them, you will nearly collapse.

Just because you are good at wrestling or even fighting doesn't mean that you are good at weightlifing or shot put. They use different muscles.

I know they were saying the brothers were throwing around IED's made of pressure cookers, not grenades.

spader

The really sickening part of Sarah Cook's support for the terrorists is how it re-victimises the people with horrendous injuries and disabilities not to mention the families of those killed and injured.

Jay

Clearly she was never affected by an event like this or she would be singing a different tune. I live in New York City. I was walking through Time Sqaure a couple years ago and a bomb failed to off. I was there when it was discovered, just smoke came out of the car. I could have very well have died if it went off. I think most of these young girls are just sheltered and dont have a clue about real life.

DC22

This girl is starving for attention, it's really sad. How dare she even speak about these crimes as if she has any idea what really happened. Because these young girls find him "attractive" they're coming to his defense? This is what is wrong with the younger generation. In these sad attempts for attention, they're hurting victims/family members who are actually dealing with this everyday of their lives.

Damsel_in_Distress

She's superficial and sounds absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure she has some weird crush on him. She's defending a murderer who took a childs life among others, not to mention the runners who lost limbs while just trying to run for charity. All because she probably thinks Jahar is cute? It could of just as easily been her, or her family, how would she feel then? Why even post this, its insulting to the victims.

Mayu

Some people are to stupid to be allowed out in public. This girl is one of those people.

L♥ve

All these little B*tches are retarded little girls that need to stay the H#ll in school!!! Or maybe they should run off and be with a guy like this and see where they end up.

IceGypsy

Rubbish!! I live in the city where we chose to use public transit vs running a car. I carry a backpack full of heavy groceries all over town in a backpack. I'm talking 10lb bags of potatoes, fresh fruits, 4l of milk...a pressure cooker is nothing compared to what I carry around every week....nice try.

2idiots

another one seeking her 15mins!
this chick reminds me of that crazy doctor in Florida who thought she was Joran Vandersloots' guardian angel and defender!

Carl

His brother was the truly evil one and I believe Dzhokar would have lived a good life had it not been for the brother's influence. BUT... Dzhokar is an adult and knows right from wrong, and it is clear he did it. So he deserves all the punishment he gets.

Ctwelve

she obviously a stupid girl who has a crush on a Murderer practically its been many girls in history tht had crushes on mass murderers nice try sweet hart but your lil boy fantasy in prison where hes a act of terrisom and possibly be dead

Ashley

You all are ****ed! you all are STUPID AMERICANS!!! ****ING WAKE UP AND REALIZE WHATS GOING ON! Your country is in a downards spiral! Cant believe your stupidity! Sara is right and unfortunatly for us Jahar will never get a fair trial due to the ****ing ignorance of americans. ****ing Pathetic. All you are is blood thirsty and as long as someone goes down for this attack thats all that matters, Who gives a **** if he is innocent becuase he is not a "True" american citizen. Your all going to hell....enjoy your last days on earth....all down hill from here for americanos!!! ;)

So Glad i do not live in your pathetic country...

Amen,
#JUSTICE FOR JAHAR!

Naomirj777

Pressure cookers are not that heavy. I used to make jam with my great grandma as a 5-6 year old kid and moved the pan around myself with jars of jam. I think in High School your backpack can get pretty close to 30lbs. too.

Sue from jersey