Black Power Ranger

BOYCOTTING Reunion

In Support of Blue Buddy

5/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

515-walter-jones-david-yost-gettyThe Power Rangers reunion gets less mighty by the day ... now it's the BLACK Power Ranger who says he won't go-go ... in part out of respect for the Blue Ranger's beef with producers.

As TMZ previously reported ... Blue Power Ranger David Yost declined an invitation to reunite the original cast, saying the producers harassed him for being gay when he was on the show from 1993-1996.

Now original Black Power Ranger Walter Jones tells TMZ he was treated pretty badly, too ... and he's following his friend's lead.

"I'm very sorry to disappoint the fans as I would have loved to be a part of it," Jones tells TMZ. "David, who I still keep in touch with regularly, is a very great guy and it would have been fun to work together again on something we helped originate."

But sources close to the situation tell TMZ the alleged abuse isn't the only factor ... that both Yost and Jones are holding out in part because the show isn't offering enough money to make up for the way producers treated them.

For those keeping score at home, the reunion of the original cast is dwindling fast ...

Green Ranger: IN ... Jason David Frank ... aspiring MMA fighter confirmed he'll attend.
Red Ranger: MAYBE? ... Austin St. John ... went on to be an EMT/firefighter in WDC.
Pink Ranger: MAYBE? ... Amy Jo Johnson ... still a working actress.
Blue Ranger: OUT ... David Yost ... says producers were homophobic bullies.
Black Ranger: OUT ... Walter Jones ... says he was abused ... and is supporting Yost.
Yellow Ranger: OUT ... Thuy Trang ... died in a car accident in 2001.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Just cancel it.

David

I don't want to see your ugly face anyway. You have no personality and your acting is terrible. So you're gay. Who cares what you do in the bedroom. Keep that to yourself. I don't go around telling people that they should accept me because I enjoy anal sex. Your sexuality should not be focused on to validate who you are. How you are as a person is what validates you as a person.

NOT ELMO

Black Power Ranger
BOYCOTTING Reunion
In Support of Blue Gay Buddy...................Well Done ! And IronMan 3 in 2D, 3D, IMAX, IMAX 3D and in Japan in 4D and IMAX 4D has Already Made $1 BILLION Dollars as of Thursday, May 16 and that is More Money than Any Marvel SuperHero including More than The 4 SpiderMan Movies Made, We already know The Dark Knight Rises and Transformers 3 Will get Their Butts Kicked Soon !...

Mary P

Really? Yellow Power Ranger: Out? Stay classy TMZ.

Leslie

Damn, Billy was my favorite Power Ranger. Tommy's always in, how many Power Rangers series/movies has that guy done?!

melbrooks

Saw them as a kid at universal L.A. Freeway packed getting there. Wall to wall people. I mean looking back I would say like worse than a stones concert. I mean people packed. My mom carried me becus worried Id be trampled. So good for them. I hope they get alot of $ and secure their future

NorCalMeanJean

but seriously...can we talk about how they're aging....and who looks like an elderly citizen here....just sayin

Spicy mag

Show was oriental recycled footage rubbish! The acting was ****ing hilariously awful and the toys sucked!

justme111

Lol@ the black power ranger being Black.

Thomas M

Pretty soon the battle cry at the reunion will go from Go go Power Rangers down to Go go Power Ranger.

Dublin2016

Red ranger was my favorite.... SO sexy!

asdf

This article is a complete lie, he didn't say anything to TMZ.

Your S&M Girlfriend

Someone should tell him that no one really cares whether he shows up or not. No one could tell if it was him or some other random black guy anyhow, so who cares really?

Tracey

Cause people haven't grown since then. Shoot yourself in the foot idiot.

tessa

cancel the whole thing . . . no one will even notice, not a professional in the bunch, just some wannabes who had a chance and blew it. again.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments