'Modern Family' Star

My Mother Is DEAD to Me

5/17/2013 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0517-tmz-ariel-winter"Modern Family" star Ariel Winter is throwing DISS after DISS at her birth mom ... making it clear, she wants NOTHING to do with her biological life-giver ever again.

As you know, 15-year-old Ariel has been at war with Chrystal Workman for the past year -- and even got a judge to strip her mother of custody in 2012 after claiming she was subjected to emotional abuse.

Now, Ariel is pouring salt in the wound -- by making public statements in which she makes it clear, her mother is dead to her ... and her older sister Shanelle has filled the emotional void.

When asked about her family yesterday, Winter told People.com, "My sister is the most amazing woman I've ever met in my life. If I could be half the woman she is ... she's kind of who I want to be like."

Did you catch the thinly veiled dig at her mom? If not, check out what she Instagrammed on Mother's Day:

"Happy Mother's Day to my amazing mister, Shanelle Gray. I know everyone is going to ask what a mister is, so I'll explain. It means mom/sister to me."

She continued, "She's my best friend ... She's also the most incredible mother. I am so blessed and lucky to have her."

Translation -- Ariel's over Chrystal ... and from what we're told, she has good reason. How's THAT for a modern family?

0422_MYSTERY_MOTHERS_footer

Cathryn Mazer

She'll regret those comments as an adult. Even if her mom deserves them.

IwuvTMZ

Ingrate!

Sara

Well we should never judge because we don't know what she's been through and wish her the best in life which I do!

oink

Fame and $$$ ruins families.

voiceofreason

I hated my mom when I was 15. A lot of teen age girls do. My mother is now my best friend!

tgrfan42069

awwwwwwwww spoiled brat wasnt allowed to shack up with her over aged bf and screw him.so she hates her mother for setting ground rules...this is why justin biebers parents enable him to do what he does.they know they can be kicked off the gravy train fast

Mumra the Ever Living

So I take it from reading this that the young lady never said her mother was dead to her.
Nice job of failing rule 1 journalism 101, never make up fake quotes.

Lynn317

Ariel, Keep your pie hole zipped! You are too young, self involved and clueless to even begin to understand what challenges your mom faced ... or even what is takes to be a good mom. Your opinion will only count once you are a parent of a 15 year old.
Ariel is at the age where she probably thinks that all the glitz and money her sister has, defines what makes a good mom.

Wow ...

It is wonderful to hear this young lady appreciates hat her sister is doing and that she has a role model. Having a crazy mother is no cake walk.

TMZ, you shouldn't put words in the girl's mouth. Not cool. She has enough issues in life, without your help.

dee

I wish I was able to get away from my emotionally and physically abusive parents at 15. Very easy to judge a young person and call them every name in the book while throwing pity at the adult. That is after all, what all the adults did to my abusers and a common theme I see in abuse. Where the parents are looked at as hard working and tired of their spoiled brat's crap, when the parent clearly has a mental disorder.

Scott Levy

It seems like her sister is letting her run wild. Have you seen the way she dresses? No way I would let my daughter go out in shorts so short. Looks trampy.

lou

Who cares ?

RedStyx

I said that same thing before it was cool.......

sophiastormy

Sometimes it has to be this way. Family can be toxic, and its best too cut them loose. We don't know what happen, and if she feel it necessary to vent publicly that's fine, cheaper than therapy.

tgrfan42069

she loves her sister and says she is a great mother type because she allows her to walk around in public dressed like this

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments